Account & strategy intern
Closing date for applications: 11th July at 11.59pm
Salary: London Living Wage
Duration: 6 months
Start date: October 2022
If you're interested in social media & curious to learn more about the advertising career path, then this is the internship for you.
Gravity Road is a creative company bringing together marketing, entertainment and technology. They were responsible for starting a feud between Sainsbury’s and Beyoncé when they created Sainsbey. They turned a car park tunnel in Cornwall into the longest Christmas lights show in Europe and created a fleet of flying drone cookies for Oreo. As Digital Innovation Agency of the Year two times running, they work with some of the biggest brands globally, including TikTok, Sainsbury’s, Foot Locker and Niantic, the creators of Pokémon Go.
They are excited to be looking for an Account & Strategy Intern to join them for a 6-month internship! You will get to spend time in both the account management department and the strategy department, getting a rounded perspective on the advertising industry and agency life. Accounts teams work closely with the client and each department from the initial brief right through to final product. The strategy department sets the direction for their client’s marketing, helping them to solve their business problems through business audience insights and strategy.
What you will learn
- Learn how the industry works, gaining an understanding of different agency types, acronyms and jargon
- Understand how the different departments in an advertising agency work together to create a campaign
- Develop the fundamental skills of a strategist from writing briefs to finding insights
- Develop the fundamental skills of an Account Executive, including project management and client relationship skills
Knowledge, skill, experience
- You are super curious about everything. This might be expressed through your hobbies, passions and side-projects
- You love being creative and thinking outside the box. Whilst this role isn’t responsible for coming up with the advertising ideas, you will be working in a very creative environment that helps them get made
- You have great organisational, project management and time management skills. You know how to manage your to-do list to a deadline and when to ask for more support
- You are able to build relationships with people and work collaboratively
- You thrive when given responsibility and autonomy. You put your hand up to help and would rather be stretched than comfortable
- You have a positive attitude and are open-minded, excited to learn about things you don’t know
- You have a strong interest in social media and how people connect with each other digitally
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience