Closing date: 29th May at midnight
Duration: 12 months
Are you keen to learn more about the publishing industry while developing transferable professional skills?
Publishers Association are the member organisation for UK publishing, representing companies of all sizes and specialisms. Its members produce digital and print books, research journals and educational resources across genres and subjects.
This 12-month, entry-level role focuses on administration and sits in the external affairs team of the Publishers Association.
What you'll learn
- A huge amount about the publishing industry and the member companies that make up Publishers Association's key councils and groups
- As well as about member organisations generally and how they work
- Working within the external affairs team means that the role holder will learn more about areas such as public affairs, communications, policy and campaigns
What you'll be doing
- Provide the administration support for four sector councils and other member groups and meetings as required
- Provide administrative support for other internal and external meetings, as well as occasional diary support for senior staff
- Maintain contact records and lists on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Provide basic office administration support (i.e. ordering supplies, answering office switchboard and general email)
- Support administration and communications/marketing of key external and member events
What we're looking for
- This role would suit someone who is interested in the publishing industry, the creative industries more widely and/or working within an external affairs/communications function
- You can demonstrate key administrative skills, such as organising and taking minutes (notes) for meetings
- Good IT skills and familiarity with Office365 and Microsoft packages, as well as platforms used to organise and host online meetings like Zoom and Teams
- Some experience of using customer relationship management software (CRM) like Hubspot would be welcome but isn’t essential
- No degree requirement, but the candidate will need a very good level of written English and good IT skills
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience