Administrative assistant (part-time)
Location: Central London and partially remote
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: June 10th
Salary is commensurate with an entry level role in London. 3days/week TBD
FilmWave is looking for a part-time administrative assistant who will provide administrative and operational support to the executive assistant & senior staff.
We are encouraging applicants from all different backgrounds to apply.
We are a small and busy team, and as the administrative assistant you will be a vital part of our day-to-day operations. You will be asked to provide both administrative and operational support to the executive assistant and the senior staff in the company.
As no day is ever the same in the (partly virtual) London-based office, we are seeking someone who will manage multiple tasks at once and simultaneously work autonomously. We foster open communication, and each of us will be happy to make ourselves available for any questions, big or small.
We are looking for someone who is incredibly well organised, hardworking, intuitive and has a real love for the Film and TV industry.
While on the job, you will be regarded as a regular employee of FilmWave and all regulations, conditions of health and safety, and all legal requirements will equally apply to you.
- Update and maintain FilmWave contact databases, executive streaming lists, commissioning dashboard using Google Drive
- Create & upload expense reports on Dext (training will be provided) and other administrative tasks as required
- Order books and supplies online
- Sort and deliver post
- Assist the executive assistant in booking travel and organising the executive diaries
- Keep the office and kitchen well stocked
- Printing and scanning
- Assisting with any IT issues
- Package runs and other ad-hoc tasks
Front of House
- Answering phones: Main line to be answered with: ‘Hello FilmWave’, then take the person’s name (and company) and say you will ‘check to see if [person they are calling] is available’
- Answer entry buzzer with: ‘Hello FilmWave’
- Keeping the meeting rooms prepped and ready for meetings
- Morning: check stock and kitchen supplies
- Afternoon lunch orders when necessary, keeping the reception area tidy
- Evening: Empty bin/recycling, clear and wash-up cups/ glasses
- Keep yourself up-to-date with industry news and trade announcements. The main sources are Screen International, Broadcast, Deadline and Variety
- Post any significant updates on Slack
- We would encourage you to read key projects on the FilmWave slate to familiarise yourself with the kind of Film/TV we are making
Logging / filing
- Assist the executive assistant with adding new projects to FilmWave's submissions log
- Once the project has been added to the log, make sure any attachments are saved in the appropriate google drive folder, and when needed linked to Monday.com (training will be provided)
- Assist the executive assistant in maintaining individual project samples lists and folders as necessary
- Take part in the new submissions meeting every Friday to assist the executive assistant in assigning to members of staff different reports and manuscripts for the weekend read
- Add select titles to the submission log and Monday.com as requested
- Prepare list of TV & Film releases for week ahead and assign to relevant exec
Weekly meeting with an Executive
We will assign you an Executive to assist and support you with any specific questions you may have on your tasks, your expectations, or concerns/problems of any nature. A weekly meeting will be set between the two to promote an ongoing conversation on your progress.
We welcome all applications regardless of race, religion, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- Less than £20,000 per year
- Adobe Acrobat
- MS Office
- general knowledge