Artist development co-ordinator
Salary: up to £25,000 per annum plus benefits
We are looking for an experienced individual to manage our artist development programme. Could it be you?
MAST is a multi-art form venue presenting and producing theatre, dance, music, comedy, spoken word and family shows. We work with the best touring companies and local artists to present a diverse, vibrant, high-quality artistic programme, alongside our own MAST productions and co-productions.
In particular, you will:
- Plan and deliver the Artist Development programme of work ensuring MAST continues to be significant in supporting emerging artists regionally
- Identify opportunities for work to be developed further by MAST
- Ensure that MAST plays a key part in the cultural life of the local community
Knowledge, skills, experience
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Recent experience of working in artist development or a related field
- Broad understanding of emerging arts practice and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A passion for the development of new work and emerging artists, ideally gained within Hampshire (particularly Southampton)
- Experience of working and managing freelancers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptive, to prioritise a varied workload and to work well under pressure
- Creative problem solver and confident decision maker
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once
- Proactive and flexible attitude, particularly in approach to working hours
- Good IT skills
Hours of work will be 37.5 per week including evenings and weekend working so flexibility is required.
Interviews will be held at MAST.
We are committed to ensuring a fair process for all candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see our website for more details and if you have any additional requirements to complete your application form, please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Visual arts / Design
Required degree level
- Level 3 (e.g. A Level)
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year