Assistant to the artistic director
Salary: £25,500 per annum
Shakespeare’s Globe is looking for a assistant to the artistic director to join their theatre & performance department.
Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre Department delivers a busy production schedule with a repertory system running in both the Globe Theatre over Summer and the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse over Winter. A small in-house team manage every aspect of the shows from Casting to Music and produce shows, events and films all year round.
Shakespeare’s Globe is currently seeking an assistant to the artistic director, provide administrative, creative and practical support to the artistic director and the theatre department as a whole.
This is an essential role in the theatre department supporting a wide range of activities, particularly aspects relating to the work of the artistic director in the co-ordination of projects and contacts of the artistic director and theatre department. This role leads on the assistant directors programme and supports the new writing work of the department.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong organisational skills, able to demonstrate tact and sensitivity while maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They will demonstrate a keen interest in theatre and thrive in a varied role which requires keeping abreast of new work, emerging talent and developments in the industry.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Administrative and ideally assisting experience
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Strong administrative and organisation skills, with a high-level of computer literacy and experience of the Microsoft Office package and email systems
- Strong communicator, with an approachable manner when dealing with a wide range of staff and artists at all levels
- Flexible, collaborative and adaptable approach
- Calm under pressure, with a professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of minute taking and accurate recording of meetings
- Diary management skills and understanding of appointment booking using computer systems, minute taking and accurate recording of meetings.
- Ability to respect confidentiality with diplomacy and sensitivity
- Excellent time-management with a proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines while managing a busy workload
- A positive attitude with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A passion for theatre and the arts
Deadline: 12pm Monday 4th July 2022
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year