Salary: £25,000 - £26,000 per annum
We are looking for a museum professional to join our collections and exhibitions team as an assistant curator.
From our beautiful and inspiring setting of Watts Gallery - Artists Village we aim to deliver our Art for All by All Mission and our teams are the driving force behind this. Could you help us?
This is an excellent opportunity to work with our outstanding collections and to develop and improve key curatorial skills whilst enhancing our specialist knowledge and interpretation. If you are passionate about sharing collections with diverse audiences and are flexible, organised, and motivated by a varied role then we would love to hear from you.
In return we can offer you a flexible and supportive work environment, discounts in our shop and tea shop as well as friends and family tickets. Watts Gallery is a truly inspiring and special place to work; come and see for yourself.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Strong knowledge of nineteenth and/or early twentieth-century art
- Experience of working on exhibitions in a museum or gallery
- Experience of working on displays of contemporary art
- Experience of writing for and presenting to diverse audiences, including producing content for digital platforms
- Experience of internal and external collaborative working
- Object handling and collections care experience
- Ability to undertake in-depth research (including archive and object-based research)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to make in-depth research accessible to diverse audiences through written texts and in person or virtual presentations
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- The ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of current standards of collections care and museum practice
This is a full time permanent position.
If you are interested in joining the team, click 'apply' for more details.
Closing date: 10th July 2022.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year