Assistant to literary manager
Are you excited to work in a fast-paced creative environment, interact with talent and industry professionals, and learn more about literary management?
42 is looking for an assistant for a leading Literary Manager in our London office. This busy administrative role requires excellent organisational and communication skills in a department that represents writers and directors in the film, television, theatre and radio industries. The ideal candidate is someone who also has a strong ability to multitask and to work under pressure.
You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced creative environment and interacting with talent and industry professionals with confidentiality and professionalism.
Hours: 9:30am – 6:30pm
- Full administrative support including diary management where applicable.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport, and accommodation.
- Responding to queries for and on behalf of clients, and assisting clients, as required.
- Answering, handling, and fielding calls to the department, talking with clients and responding on behalf of the manager when required
- Providing coverage on scripts and contracts
- Contract proofing and term detailing
- Matchmaking clients to producers
- Writing detailed reports on films, books, theatre etc.
- Handling and chasing contracts and invoices, ensuring payments are made promptly and accurately.
- Full range of office responsibilities including filing, setting up conference calls and appointments, and compiling and reconciling expenses.
Core Skills and Experience:
- Ideally experience working as an agent or managers assistant but not essential
- Comfortable working across multiple time zones
- Highly organised, with great attention to detail. Calm under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Passionate about talent, books, film, TV and theatre is essential
- Experience using Tagmin is preferable but not essential
- Strong administrative skills and experience in implementing systems
- Proficient with Apple Macs, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a confident phone manner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rigorous work environment; demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities – must demonstrate a proactive, positive attitude towards given tasks, plan ahead for potential issues and take appropriate action
- Exemplary interpersonal skills necessary to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Role continually requires demonstrated humility, poise, tact and diplomacy
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year