This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Assistant script editor – Coronation Street
Term: 12 Months fixed-term contract
Closing date: Sunday 22nd May 2022
How would you like to work on the world’s longest-running continuing drama?
Coronation Street is looking for an experienced Assistant Script Editor to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract. You will need to have a keen passion for Corrie, a flair for continuity and an enjoyment of working collaboratively with the editorial department.
- Read all storylines and scripts throughout editorial stages.
- Attend Story Conferences and script meetings.
- Work closely with the current team of script editors and series producers to ensure day-to-day continuity in editorial issues.
- Provide cover and assistance for script editors when required. This will include holiday cover, story tracks, emergency amendments and proof reading etc.
- When covering other script editors, represent the interests of the writer to the production team. Provide writers with sufficient information to enable the editorial brief to be met.
- In continuity reads, read all scripts to ensure the consistent treatment of established characters and continuity within the episodes.
- In line with the Producers, manage the trial script database.
- Manage the first draft cast roster ensuring the correct information is provided to the cast and finance department.
- Maintain the numerous databases for the script department
- Generate creative ideas, whilst displaying an awareness of production requirements and budgets.
- Quickly Establish the intentions of the Producer and convey these to the writers in a tactful manner.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous experience within the editorial department either as an Assistant Script Editor or a Script Editor on a drama - at least 2 credits.
- Knowledge of Coronation Street storyline, plots and characters and a passion for Coronation Street
- A strong team player with the ability to develop good working relationships with all departments
- Good understanding of production processes evidenced by experience both in studio and/or set and on location.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines of a rolling production.
- Experience of spotting and engaging with new writing talent.
- Experience using google suite to work with databases- creating spreadsheets as well as amending.
- Using your own initiative to prioritise competing tasks, with the ability to work independently when required.
- You may have to work long and unsociable hours. You may be required to cover Script editor at short notice.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience