This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Assistant to two talent agents (actors)
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 16th May 2022
Salary range: £24,000 - £25,000
Start date: June 2022
Do you have a passion for TV, film and theatre? Are you keen to learn more about how actors get their roles, and the entertainment industry as a whole? Are you adaptable, creative and a great team player?
Curtis Brown is one of the world's leading literary and talent agencies, representing actors, presenters, authors, playwrights, film and television writers and directors and theatre directors.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an entry-level Assistant to support two Actors’ Agents in our Talent department, working closely alongside two experienced Assistants. This role centres around delivering excellent client care, systems administration to maximise success for the Agents’ clients and support the development of the Agents’ Offices.
Client Care and Promotion
- 1. Build an in-depth knowledge of the literary clients, titles and genres represented by the Agent
- Build positive relationships with clients based on trust, speed and reliability
- Handle requests and enquiries from clients, colleagues in other departments and other industry professionals
- Assist with the organisation of promotional activities for our clients (anniversaries, new publications, etc) in liaison with editors and publicists
- Support with maintaining a publication schedule for clients: liaison with clients, publishers, editors and production team
- Read extensively over the list of writer’s books
- Support the office with reading and responding to unsolicited submissions for the Agent’s office. This will involve writing reader reports when requested
Contracts & finance
- Process contracts, which includes: drafting and keeping track of contracts, entering contract information to the C&W database
- Invoice and chase clients’ advances and fees once monies have been agreed with publishers as directed. Cross checking with BP and the Finance department
- Send reversion letters as required
- Ensure that C&W has an accurate record of all new client details including bank details and tax status
- Draft client agreement letters
- Process the permissions requests, which includes: responding, negotiating, drawing up paperwork, invoicing, maintaining the log.
Promotion & marketing
- Ensure that information on all existing clients and their titles is included on the C&W website and is regularly updated in order to offer premium promotion/opportunities for the client
- Draft web profiles for new clients and their work on the C&W website
- Plan ahead and recognise opportunities for news stories for the C&W website. Write news stories, edit images and video for multimedia content
- Create content for social media channels, including Twitter and Instagram
- Keep track of press reviews, including: making copies, entering links to reviews on the C&W website and saving them on the company system
- Field and handle calls, post and email messages to the agent as directed
- Handle requests and enquiries from clients, colleagues in other departments and other industry professionals. Coordinate materials/information for TV/film, audio, translation, handling their queries on individual projects
- Work closely with other members of the C&W team, sharing information, ideas and networks
- Assist with arranging schedules for overseas and domestic travel, including arranging travel (flights, trains, car-hire, taxis etc), accommodation and restaurant bookings etc. as required
- Welcome visitors at reception and escort them through the office to their meeting. Book and set up meeting rooms in advance as directed and organise any refreshments
- Attend virtual meetings on behalf of the Agents to take notes
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Great organisation and time management skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of using social media
- A demonstrable editorial interest and love of reading. A passion for books and the publishing industry
- Experience working in a related role, either in the publishing industry or an adjacent cultural sector, would be beneficial but is not a necessity. We will provide all the relevant training and support.
Please note this role is currently based on a hybrid working pattern which involves a mix of working from home and from our central London offices. This is envisaged to continue in the medium term, but is subject to ongoing review.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
We aim to build a creative environment that celebrates the differences of our clients and colleagues, offering equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, socio-economic background, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. In our role as conduits and champions of cultural expression we are conscious of our responsibility to reflect the world around us. This means making a considered effort to create an inclusive culture in the workplace and promote opportunities for the broadest possible range of talent. We welcome all applications from people with interesting ideas, skills and experience.
Let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the interview process.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year