This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Audiences & front of house manager
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Kiln Theatre's mission is to make theatre for all by making space for unheard/ignored voices. Help them achieve this as their audiences & front of house manager.
The audiences & front of house (FOH) manager is responsible for ensuring that every visitor and/or customer has the best experience possible at Kiln Theatre and Cinema. They will recruit, manage and inspire a casual FOH staff team which embodies our mission to be a theatre for all. They will be a core part of the operations team, working to ensure the smooth-running of the building and organisation. When the building is open to the public, the audiences & FOH manager will be on duty as part of a duty management rota that they will manage with the support of the head of operations & FOH.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Management experience in Theatre Front of House, including direct management of casual staff teams
- Enthusiasm for theatre and the work of Kiln Theatre
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised and self-motivated, with a proactive and flexible attitude and the ability to effectively prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain focus on audience experience
- Initiative and ability to tackle and solve problems independently
- IT proficient with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Spektrix or similar booking systems
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Commitment to inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Duty management Theatre experience
- First Aid trained (3 days course)
- Fire Marshal trained
- Conflict resolution trained
For more information, please click the 'apply button.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 23 May 2022
First round interviews: 26/27 May 2022
If you would like to post your application, please send it to Recruitment, Kiln Theatre, 269 Kilburn High Road, London NW6 7JR
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year