Book distribution coordinator
We are looking for a book distribution coordinator to manage a wealth of stock in our ever-expanding distribution department. It could be you!
A huge part of what Fane does involves selling books, be that for events, partnerships, or our book subscription service LoveMyRead.
The ideal candidate is highly organised, communicative, methodical, and passionate about getting books into the hands of the reader. Publishing and event experience is not essential, and you will be part of a creative, friendly, motivated, and supportive team. With access to all the stock in the Fane book hub, as well as exclusive live and online events, this role would be perfect for someone with a love of reading and entertainment. Fane has a culture that rewards staff highly and offers quick career progression for those who seek it.
Based near Finsbury Park, you will work from the Fane book hub 5 days a week.
- Plan, manage and control the book hub activities to maximize support for the Fane Online events, book subscription services, online bookstore, and partnerships
- Assist with curating books sold via all e-commerce platforms
- Maintaining computerised administration and stock inventory
- Effectively liaise with our third-party delivery services to plan collections from the warehouse and ensure all deliveries arrive with customers in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Customer Service team on all customer queries about shipping, resolving issues quickly
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Excellent at multitasking; ability to switch between administrative and practical tasks is essential
- Ability to organise, manage time and plan how busy periods will run in the book hub
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment, or similar
- A love of books
- Understanding of the bookselling industry
- Proof of Health and Safety or Warehouse safety training
- Experience of working in distribution
A Culture of Equality and Creativity
At Fane we strive to create a working environment that promotes and values diversity; where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work in a creative and safe space. We are committed to equal opportunities and to building a more inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve.
There is more work to be done and we endeavour to continuously make progress, hold ourselves accountable and grow, both as a business and as individuals.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- general knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Excel