Book operations coordinator
Closing date: 17th August at 11.59pm
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Working pattern: full-time Monday – Friday 09:30-18:00, with some evenings and weekends in line with demand of Fane events
Explore this role if you want to play a key role in the logistics and sales side of a leading book subscription service.
This person will be across all book operations for live events, to maximise book sales at live events and develop Fane’s position as a bookseller. This includes book distribution, bookselling at tours and corporate events.
Fane specialises in producing and curating spoken word events, bringing the most exciting names in culture and entertainment to audiences around the world. We also run the UK’s most loved book subscription service, LoveMyRead. A huge part of what Fane does involves selling books, be that for live events, corporate engagements, or via our book subscription service LoveMyRead.
The ideal candidate has an experience of sales at a publishing house, is highly organised, communicative, and excellent at building and maintaining relationships. You will be part of a creative, friendly, motivated, and supportive team. We have a culture that rewards staff highly and offers quick career progression for those who seek it.
- Maintain computerised administration for all book sales for live and corporate events
- Liaise with sales departments at multiple publishers on terms, delivery, and delivery logistics
- Run book signings with FANE clients at venues
- Liaise with independent booksellers for live events
- Attend events where necessary to oversee the running of the book distribution/bookselling at live events
- Supporting the Head of Books and Distribution to negotiate terms with publishers for live events
- Assist with curating books sold via all e-commerce platforms, working across promotions of stock on a regular basis
- Liaise with venues to organise the distribution of books at venues for live events
- Work closely with the Customer Service team on all customer queries regarding books at live events
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Ability to organise, manage time and plan how busy periods of live events will run
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
We'd love to hear if you have the following:
- Understanding of the bookselling industry
- Experience of working in the sales department of a publishing house
- Experience of working in events
Send a CV and cover letter to the email found via the apply button.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
At Fane we strive to create a working environment that promotes and values diversity; where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work in a creative and safe space. We are committed to equal opportunities and to building a more inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year