This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Business affairs admin assistant
Department: Business Affairs
Reporting to: Business Affairs Manager
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 7th August 2022
Join the business affairs department at Walker Books and provide administrative support in this entry-level role!
Providing full administrative support for the business affairs (BA) department and maintaining up-to-date, accurate records and filing of all contracts; to draft and issue permission agreements.
General administration duties:
- Accessing and inputting basic general contracts information on Biblio or other systems as required (including address changes for payees)
- Producing and distributing a monthly report of agreements signed throughout Walker Group to cover (a) rights acquired, (b) rights sold and (c) contract cancellation and rights reversions
- Writing to authors, illustrators and/or agents promptly after monthly contracts report is produced to inform as relevant of the sale of rights in their titles
- Sending out copies of sub-licensed editions to authors/illustrators as appropriate
- Production & circulation of a quarterly author complimentary copies report
- Issuing permission agreements (under supervision) for Walker held/owned material
- Supporting BA Assistant on foreign agreement related permissions (and issuing in their absence)
- Supporting BA Assistant on marketing (trailer and teacher’s notes/discussion guide) agreements in a timely manner and setting up for signature
- Attending regular meetings/liaison with Business Affairs/Compliance team with regard to legal follow through for unpaid advances and/or termination of agreements/reversion of rights, as appropriate to situation
- Front-filling permissions & other relevant subsidiary agreements and filing physical copies
- Administering the signing of partnership agreements from marketing/publicity via DocuSign (working with BA Director and Senior BA Manager)
- Maintaining contract files and other day-to-day records
- Providing key administrative support to the senior Business Affairs team and general administrative support to the rest of the Business Affairs & SR Compliance team where necessary.
What you’ll receive:
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 1 day extra per year)
- Health insurance
- Enhanced pension
- Life assurance
- Plus other great benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to this principle and providing a safe and supportive work environment.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- Office applications