Love the sound of giving providing to BBC Studios and managing its busy calendar? Check out the role below.
Companies are fascinating entities. Never one the same and full of different ways of working and nuances that can bemuse and intrigue. Throw into the mix an organisation that has creativity at its very heart and you bring even more variety and interest to a role that interacts widely across the business.
So if your organisational superpower is being undervalued and under-utilised, and you don’t have that spring in your step when you think about ‘work’ – just maybe you are ready for a move or a step up?
This role will be working within a tight knit team of professionals led by the highly regarded and experienced Anthony Corriette where you will learn and develop your work and personal capabilities.
The BBC Studios (‘BBCS’) Company Secretarial team provides a range of high quality corporate administration and governance services to the BBCS group. In this role you will work alongside the Company Secretary and other team members to provide support to the team. The Company Secretariat team partners with a range of business areas, including Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Tax, Strategy within BBC Studios the BBC group - in the UK and globally.
- Maintain a corporate calendar with the key meeting dates within BBC Group, working closely with colleagues within and outside of the team including with BBC group corporate centre
- Maintain the Company Secretary’s diary, ensuring that all meetings are diarised and managed with appropriate level of forward planning
- Work closely with all members of the Company Secretarial team with regard to scheduling and related logistics for Board and Committee meetings and other events
- Be the lead in maintaining a comprehensive shared drive and filing system for the BBCS company secretarial function, in collaboration with the Assistant Company Secretary
- Undertake appropriate training and support the company secretarial team in the use of Diligent Entities for managing information on BBCS corporate entities
- Undertake appropriate training and support the team in the use of Diligent Boards to circulate committee and board meeting packs
- Undertake general administrative activities for the team including travel and catering arrangements, invoicing, SAP purchase orders, budgeting, etc. (SAP is a business management software)
- Assist with any projects that impact the Company Secretarial team as may be required from time to time
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You’ll have experience in team working and thrive in a collaborative supportive environment
- You’ll bring strong IT skills with specific experience of using Zoom and products such as MSOffice, Visio and Teams. Whilst we love meeting face to face, the advantages of tech cannot be overlooked
- You’ll possess strong planning, task prioritisation and organisation skills to keep all tasks under control and in order
- You’ll have good communication skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- You’ll have experience of working in a fast paced environment, operating under pressure and meeting tight deadlines and actively enjoy the buzz that accompanies
- And you’ll be open to a culture where constructive feedback and personal development through experiential learning is encouraged
- As you would expect, the role involves handling highly confidential information across BBC Studios and BBC Group so will require a high level of trust and professionalism.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- Office applications