C40 World Mayors Summit intern
Closing date: 19th August at 11.59pm
Salary: £23,697 per annum equivalent
Duration: Until December 2022
Are you keen to learn more about global climate movements while assisting with project management, events planning & management, communications, logistical & administrative functions?
C40 is a network of nearly 100 mayors of the world’s leading cities, who are working to deliver the urgent action needed right now to confront the climate crisis, and create a future where everyone, everywhere can thrive. Mayors of C40 cities are committed to using a science-based and people-focused approach to help the world limit global heating to 1.5°C and build healthy, equitable and resilient communities. Through a Global Green New Deal, mayors are working alongside a broad coalition of representatives from labour, business, the youth climate movement and civil society to go further and faster than ever before.
The Political Strategic and Leadership Support department comprises the Executive Office; the Office of the Chair; the Campaigns team; the City Diplomacy team and the C40 Centre for Urban Climate Policy and Economy. Together they ensure the delivery of C40’s leadership’s priorities.
The C40 summit intern, based in the Executive Office, will work closely with the Head of Summit and the Summit Coordinator to support the delivery of the 2022 C40 Summit to be held in Buenos Aires in October.
How you'll develop skills
Assist with overall organisation of the Summit
- Keeping track of critical path to ensure all deadlines met
- Monitoring Summit inbox to answer any query
- Drafting and editing briefings for Management Team, speakers and guests
- Any other duties as indicated by the Head of Summit
Assist with logistical tasks relating to the Summit
- Invites and RSVP recording
- Monitor and answer speakers queries
- Scheduling of internal and external calls
Assist the summit team
- Taking minutes during working group calls
What we're looking for
Strong organisational skills and a delivery-oriented approach
Excellent attention to detail, with high-level proof-reading skills in English
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English. Additional communication skills in other languages, especially Spanish, are highly desirable
A self-starter who is able to effectively manage their own time, prioritise activities and accomplish tasks with minimal oversight
Ability to work proactively and collaboratively as part of a diverse team across multiple time zones
Highly competent with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other new technology, including web-based communications and spreadsheets. Keen to master new software and tools
Strong interest in developing a career in international events and project management
Strong interest in climate action and solutions, and a passion for C40’s work; subject-matter knowledge or expertise preferred
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience