Closing date for applications: 6pm on Monday 15th August 2022
Do you have an interest in contemporary art? We are seeking a Communications Assistant (6-month work placement) at our Bermondsey gallery.
Are you passionate about perusing a career in communications in the art sector? Do you pride on your time-management and communication skills. Then this is the job for you!
The Communications Assistant will support the day to day running of the communications department (press, marketing, digital) while gaining hands on experience in one of the world’s leading commercial galleries.
The role requires a passion for working in communications in the arts, and the ability to work with and pick up a variety of different digital tools. Being thorough, proactive and professional at all times, while having a strong eye for detail and consistency is key, as is the ability to balance a varied workload.
Hands-on training will be provided, from how to develop and follow a communications strategy and how to pitch to journalists, to how to create a strong CV.
- Scanning and filing press clippings
- Writing and compiling daily press coverage reports
- Supporting the press team at media events and openings
- Creating press kits, including designing image sheets, resizing images, uploading digital resources for journalists
- Social media monitoring / engagement
- Building e-mail content on Mailchimp
- Proofing and sense-checking copy
- Other jobs to support the communications team and when required.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Passionate about perusing a career in communications in the art sector
- Familiar with White Cube exhibitions and artists
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Enjoys collaborating with colleagues, learning new skills and sharing ideas
- Strong eye for detail
- Well organised and professional
- Engaged with contemporary art across a range of platforms, from reviews and features to video and social media
- Social media, copywriting or design skills, either in a personal or professional capacity
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Photoshop (basic)
- Adobe Acrobat (basic)
- Website CMS (basic)
If you are interested, please send a CV and a video (<1 min) explaining why you’d benefit from the role to the email address via the apply button by 6pm on Monday 15th August 2022 including the job title in the subject line.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience