Join our global communications & public affairs team! Interested in developing and executing creative campaigns? Love social media and PR?
As a member of the global communications & public affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
In this role, you will help deliver compelling national and regional public relations (PR) campaigns that capture the attention of key stakeholders, executing day-to-day press office communications and managing reactive issues.
You will lead our artist, creator, and entertainment communications. In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute creative campaigns around YouTube’s entertainment offering including YouTube Music and Premium, as well as coming up with novel ways to tell creator stories across the region.
You have extensive knowledge of the media landscape, and the ability to spot communications opportunities and advise on reputation threats. You will be social-media literate, exploring channels to reach the Gen Z audience among others, and will pitch to and build relationships with journalists. You are a great communicator who can articulate YouTube’s proactive story and product benefits in person and via well-written press releases, opposite the editorial page, executive briefings, social media posts, and more.
- Execute creative PR campaigns to drive awareness, usage, and excitement around our consumer and product launches. Draft narratives, press releases, blog posts, pitches, FAQs, etc. and brief spokespeople and staff interviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments (e.g., Policy, Partnership, Marketing, and Leadership teams) in the UK and the US to influence and execute strategic plans and launches
- Work with our broader PR and Marketing teams to help land stories that highlight creators in local and consumer outlets
- Initiate creative ways to showcase our executives across UK media, leverage media news hooks and internal milestones to create timely media moments
- Work with our Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) PR teams to escalate and respond to inbound media inquiries regarding the YouTube product
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in public relations, media relations, or corporate communications focused on working with media and journalists
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience in public relations, media relations, storytelling, or journalism, bringing ideas to fruition through cross-functional partnership and creative development
- Experience in communicating proactive stories
- Knowledge of YouTube and its competitors across the consumer and technology space
- Passion for product communications and working across multiple teams
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience