Salary: £24,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, full-time – 37 hours per week
Hybrid working available
Provide dedicated marketing, digital and press support as The Hepworth Wakefield's communications officer!
The Hepworth Wakefield (THW) has welcomed over 2.4 million visitors since opening in May 2011 and is now established as a major local, national and international attraction, winning Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2017. We present an acclaimed programme of historical and contemporary art exhibitions alongside displays drawn from Wakefield’s growing collection of 20th-century and contemporary art. Central to our work is our ambitious learning programme that engages a broad and diverse audience. To bring our wider site to life The Hepworth Garden, designed by Tom Stuart-Smith, opened in August 2019 and is one of the largest free public gardens in the UK. Later this year the 19th century mill building complex opposite the gallery will be opening as a vibrant creative industries and education hub.
The communications and development team is responsible for maintaining and growing The Hepworth Wakefield’s reputation as a world-class cultural centre, developing audiences for our diverse mix of programming and increasing income from commercial and fundraising sources.
The gallery is looking for a communications officer to join the team. The communications officer will provide dedicated marketing, digital and press support, with the overall aim of increasing audience engagement and spend onsite and online, maintaining and growing the gallery’s reputation regionally, nationally and internationally.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A good understanding of communications, ideally in a cultural, tourism or third sector environment
- Experience of creating, programming and monitoring social media content, specifically for the promotion of events and/or exhibitions
- A good working knowledge of computer systems, including databases and content management systems to edit/update and publish web pages
- Experience of managing/delivering press campaigns within an arts / e-commerce setting
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships and work with a broad range of people
- Excellent communication skills, with an impeccable attention to detail and the ability to proofread and write engaging copy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritise and complete tasks to deadlines
- Ability to attend events at THW and externally to represent the gallery and build relationships with key external stakeholders
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent experience
- Interest in the arts
- Interest in developing a career in communications
- A good working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Track record of devising and delivering reports
- An understanding of copyright law with regards image usage
We are committed to improving diversity within our organisation and welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented within the arts sector. For details of our inclusive recruitment practices and more details about the role please visit www.hepworthwakefield.org/jobs.
Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews will take place on Thursday 14 July 2022
Please note we only accept completed application forms for this role. No agencies.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience