Construction department trainee
Closing date for applications: 21st August 2022
Salary: £450 per week
Key dates: 22nd September until 18 November 2022
The Great needs you to help transport them back to 18th Century Russia! If you have an interest in set building, this is the perfect internship for you…
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction, as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC - The Great is an Emmy and Golden Globe nominated comedy-drama written and created by Tony McNamara. Currently shooting its third season, The Great is loosely based on the rise to power of Catherine the Great in 18th Century Russia, starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult. The Great is in its 2nd year working with Creative Access and is looking for department trainees ready to start their career in the TV industry. We are able to offer this opportunity as an extension of MRC’s Behind The Camera Diversity Initiative.
The production is looking for a Construction Department Trainee. The successful candidate will work under the Construction Manager, who will be your designated mentor. You must be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the role and department you are applying for.
What you will learn
- You will learn by watching, asking questions, and taking instruction from the construction team
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to administrative tasks and runner tasks between departments
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Passion for filmmaking
- Interest in period design
- Interest in set building
- An ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of editing software
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries, with a focus on Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse candidates.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience