Closing date: 30th May (applications are considered on a rolling basis)
Interviews: from 23rd May
Start: as soon as possible
Salary: depending on experience
Take your client skills and comms experience to a new challenge in this role...
Our consultants work across our client mix, supporting some of the largest and best-known corporations, trade associations, public sector bodies, NGOs, and government departments in the UK and around the world, as well as a range of smaller organisations with big ambitions, ranging from small-caps and start-ups to grassroots campaign groups and charities.
Everybody on our team gets involved across our service offering, providing strategic communications advice, public affairs, media relations, training and coaching, reputation and crisis management, thought leadership, stakeholder engagement, and design services for our clients.
We are looking for experienced Consultants to work on corporate communications, media relations and public affairs accounts across multiple sectors.
- Helping develop and implement corporate communications, PR and public affairs strategies and campaigns;
- Supporting reputation management and crisis communications projects;
- Building strong relationships with clients, stakeholders and service providers such as monitoring platforms;
- Drafting a wide range of materials including press releases, media statements, policy briefings, reports, letters, social media posts, infographics, and video scripts;
- Helping organise events, including liaising with venues and suppliers, managing attendee lists, and drafting speech notes and invitations;
- Analysing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant trends and interesting stories;
- Collaborating on new business proposals and pitches; and
- Contributing to Luther’s company-wide initiatives including marketing, corporate events and training and development programmes.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A strong grasp of the UK media environment including broadcast, print and online, as well as social media channels;
- Understanding of the UK political system, including devolved administrations, and the current policy landscape;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to tailor approach and content for different audiences;
- A track record of supporting clients on a range of communications challenges and opportunities;
- Confidence working across different industries;
- Experience in the day-to-day management of client activity with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively;
- Networking skills, and the confidence and ability to take part in new business proposals and pitches;
- Initiative and self-motivation, while also being collaborative and a team player; and
- An undergraduate degree, preferably 2.1 or above.
Luther offers a range of benefits to staff, including hybrid working, a structured training and development programme, one-to-one mentoring, generous annual leave, discretionary annual bonus, new business incentive schemes, private medical insurance, and interest-free travel and clothing loans.
We value diversity of experience as we know it will enhance our collective wisdom, increase our creativity and innovation, and deliver better results for our clients, so we welcome interest from people from different backgrounds.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter (via the apply button) explaining why you are interested and how you meet the criteria using the subject line 'Consultant application'.
Required degree level
- Level 6 (e.g. Bachelor's degree)
Years of experience
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Powerpoint
- MS Word
- MS Outlook