This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Contracts Administrator (12m FTC)
Deadline: 30/01/2022 23:59
Salary: circa £20,000
We are recruiting for a Contracts Administrator to join our Royalties team based at our Distribution centre in Frating, Colchester.
This is a 12-month fixed term opportunity and will report directly to the Head Contracts Team Leader. This role is positioned within Group Accounts, which provides accounting and financial reporting for the Penguin Random House Group. The Royalty department is responsible for receiving, processing and paying royalty payments due to authors, agents and client publishing companies. In this role, you will have ownership of accurately interpreting and inputting the financial elements of the contract between Penguin Random House and the author.
- Setting up new contracts and passing on to the Team Leader for approval
- Review and chase for missing royalty information on titles
- Review new ISBN listings on a regular basis and process accordingly
- Maintain the accuracy of the contracts in the system and ensure that amendments are made promptly
- Maintain the author/agent records with changes of address, VAT, tax and bank accounts
- Notify the relevant business areas on upcoming advances
- Ensure that titles are set up to pay correct rates
- General administrative and financial duties as required
- Daily and Monthly reconciliations of SAP, Affiliate and co-edition sales
- Internal auditing of Author and ISBN records
- Manual adjustment of sales records and data cleansing
Knowledge, skills, experience
- This role will suit someone who is team focused and self-motivated
- You will be confident working in a larger team whilst also completing your own projects to a consistently high standard to meet deadlines
- Your attention to detail and ability to process high levels of data will be second to none, alongside a disciplined and structured approach to planning and organising your workload
- You’ll have a strong administrative background with good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- What’s important to us if that you’ve got an eye for detail, can learn quickly and independently and are a confident communicator
- Experience in royalty processing or another high volume transaction business area is desirable but not essential
- Experience of dealing with financial contracts or complex agreements is also desirable
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- Less than £20,000 per year