This is an excellent opportunity to develop your copyediting experience within a rapidly growing open access publisher.
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants for the position of copyediting specialist. This permanent, full-time position in our London office will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop their copyediting experience within a rapidly growing open access publisher, and to be involved in the operations of academic journals. This position requires a professional attitude and the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information.
- Review and revise the content of articles for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content and maintain copyediting tracking sheets for reporting
- Check text for readability and adherence to Frontiers in-house style guide
- Collaborate with the production team, authors and external typesetters to ensure content is published in a timely manner
- Compile and update style guides as required
- Support production initiatives or inter-departmental projects from time to time
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous experience working in a similar editorial role
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize a varied workload under pressure
Your application must include:
1. Your latest CV and a tailored cover letter
2. Your notice period
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis.
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge