Closing date: 22nd August at 11.59pm
Salary: depending on experience
Develop your copywriting career with a ground-breaking science publisher...
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access. Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants for the position of Copyediting Specialist. This permanent, full-time position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop their Copyediting experience within a rapidly growing open access publisher, and to be involved in the operations of academic journals. This position requires a professional attitude and the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information.
- Review and revise the content of articles for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content and maintain copyediting tracking sheets for reporting
- Check text for readability and adherence to Frontiers in-house style guide
- Collaborate with the production team, authors and external typesetters to ensure content is published in a timely manner
- Compile and update style guides as required
- Support production initiatives or inter-departmental projects from time to time
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous experience working in a similar editorial role
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise a varied workload under pressure
Your application must include:
1. Your latest CV and a tailored cover letter
2. Your notice period
3. That you found this role through Creative Access.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Years of experience
- general knowledge