Location: Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 - hybrid working from home and the office
Salary expectation: £28 - £35,000 (negotiable based on experience), plus package incl. bonus
Apply: Send a CV and some examples of your work to the email via the apply button. Tell us why Given, why this role and why you. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Application closes: 15th July 2022
Do your core skills include artworking in digital & print, typesetting and presentation design?
We’re Given – the agency for purpose-driven brands. Founded in 2009 to help brands and business become a force for good, we’ve shaped sustainability strategies, dreamt up integrated creative campaigns and built impactful brands – all with a laser focus on creating positive change in the world. Our work has helped national and international brands like IKEA, John Lewis & Partners, Nationwide, Shelter, Aviva, Trainline, Calvin Klein, Yorkshire Water, Napapijri, Tommy Hilfiger, and many others, define and execute on their brand purpose. We fundamentally believe it takes both insightful strategy and imaginative creativity to change things for good, so we have both under the same East London roof.
As our agency continues to grow, we’re expanding our creative team. We’re looking for a Creative Artworker who can work closely with our creative, client service and strategy teams. This person will play a key role in the execution and delivery of a range of beautifully crafted print and digital projects.
You’re passionate about producing work to exceptional standards and know all about print and digital production techniques. You’re a team player and problem solver, able to collaborate with designers & the client team, but also comfortable working independently, taking responsibility for artworking and delivery across a range of projects. We are also open to a candidate who has a broader skill set, with experience or interest in video editing & animation or digital design. So feel free to bring your other interests & skills and we can see how they might fit into the team. But the heart of the role (and your first love) is artworking.
- Working on digital & print reports, longform documents and presentations, applying a design system to them and flowing copy into designed pages
- Designing and finessing pitches & proposals, working with templates and guidelines in Google Slides and on occasion in Powerpoint
- Leading on the creation of final artwork for a range of print and digital deliverables with keen attention to detail and craft
- Extending an approved design direction across a suite of assets & visuals, or adapting designs to fit a range of alternative layouts and formats
- Comping and creating visuals to support the design team, and retouching images for use within an array of digital or print deliverables
- Producing final print-ready artworks, and checking printers’ proof
- Liaising comfortably with production partners, the design team, client service team and clients, as required
- You’ll support the agency’s new business efforts – contributing to pitches and proposals and ensuring everything we show clients is executed beautifully
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You have artworking experience in a fast-paced agency environment or in-house
- You have brilliant layout and typography skills, with a meticulous eye for detail and are able to apply these skills to both print and digital artwork.
- You’re highly skilled in using all of the core Adobe CC programmes – Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop in particular. Previous experience in using animation software and Figma/Sketch is a plus.
- You’re confident working with online collaboration tools – a lot of our work happens through Google Workspace – docs and sheets, and especially Google Slides
- You are comfortable occasionally working at speed and can work to tight deadlines
- You can work independently as well as part of a team with a positive, can-do attitude
- You believe in making purposeful work that can have a real positive impact in the world
Our first step will be a 30 minute phone call to understand a bit more about you and why you’ve applied. Next, we’ll invite candidates to a first round interview to get into more detail about you and the role, as well as taking a look at your experience together. The final stage will involve answering a short brief that will take no longer than a day of your time to prep. We may ask you to come into our office (if you’re comfortable doing that) to present your work.
Given strives to be an equal opportunities employer and everyone’s commitment to this process will be expected. We are proud to be different and that starts with our people. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles - we can't promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustments needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss it with our recruitment team.
To apply: send CV and cover letter via the apply button. Please add Creative Artworker in the subject line. State in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year