This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Salary: £48,000 per annum equivalent
Do you want to play a vital role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us as Creative Lead for this 9-month period...
Save the Children exists to help every child get the chance of a future they deserve. In more than 100 countries, including the UK, we make sure children stay safe, healthy, and learning – finding new ways to reach children who need us most, no matter where they are growing up. For over a century, we have stood up for children's rights and made sure their voices are heard. With children, for children, we change the future for good.
As a Creative Lead in our newly formed agile marketing model, you will be pivotal in shaping the creative direction of our mass marketing and, alongside the Director of Brand and Creative, maintaining the highest level of creative excellence through innovative and brand inspiring assets.
The role sits in the Brand and Creative team in the Fundraising and Marketing Division. Our purpose is to inspire, motivate and mobilise both existing and new supporters to create positive change for children.
Day today, you will be responsible for the overall creative output of our new marketing squads, both as generating and developing ideas and shaping creative work from agencies and our internal Creative team. In addition, you will:
- Review and analyse the success of our content output with the Director of Brand and Creative, applying these evaluation insights in the development of our future creative proposals
- Define emerging trends both at home and abroad and test fresh approaches to ensure our brand remains culturally relevant
- Proactively seek new creative partners, build and maintain relationships with prospective agencies, contemporary artists and freelance talent
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation within the team
Knowledge, skills, experience
To be successful, you will have demonstrable success delivering creative concepts to a client brief with a sound understanding of how audience profiles influence communications products. Strong presentation skills and the ability to ‘pitch' innovative ideas are essential, as is demonstrable knowledge of offline and digital platforms. In addition, you will have:
- Experience in creating content that can be successfully used for purposes of Fundraising, PR or news media exposure
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work collaboratively and inspire a team behind an idea or campaign.
- An understanding of customer experience mapping and experience creating content across a broad range of audience touchpoints
- Experience visualising and presenting creative concepts, particularly storyboarding or scriptwriting.
- Solid knowledge of the ethical issues facing those who create visual content and experience in dealing with those issues in real-world situations
- Experience working with audience insight to create relevant, distinctive communications across various platforms.
- Experience art directing photography and video shoots
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to inspire and mobilise people from diverse business areas to deliver a coherent strategy meeting multiple objectives
The majority of SCUK employees are currently working remotely within the UK in line with UK Government guidance. Commencing July 2021 we will transition to flexible and hybrid ways of working (i.e. a mixture of remote/home and office-based working) as social distancing restrictions ease.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options at interview.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
To see our full statement please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/our-policies/diversity/
Jobs are positioned within the salary structure on the basis of evaluation. New employees would normally be appointed at the bottom of the grade, however the appointed salary may also take into account the relevant experience a candidate brings to a role. Save the Children is committed to paying staff in a fair and equitable way and will benchmark all salary offers in line with the pay of existing staff.
Fields of study
- Marketing / Sales
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year
- Digital Marketing