Reporting to: Chief Producer
Hours: Full-time (permanent)
Location: London (Hybrid working, with at least 3 days a week from the office)
Salary: £37,555 pro rata
Deadline for applications: Thursday 11 August 2022, 11:59pm
Interviews: Tuesday 23 August 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to join the curatorial team at the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) and contribute to our inspiring exhibition programme.
We are looking for an experienced curator with a demonstrable knowledge of contemporary art and current practices and interest in advancing under-represented perspectives to take forward the exhibition programme.
You will have proven curatorial experience with a track record of devising and delivering solo, thematic and commissioned projects with imagination and distinction. The post holder will work closely with diverse audiences, supporters and other stakeholders as well as other members of the Curatorial team, who on occasion, will also use the gallery spaces to programme small-scale interventions and where appropriate, commission exhibition presentations.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Specialist knowledge of contemporary art, with strong research and publication record of expanding art historical narratives and advancing under-represented perspectives
- Significant curatorial experience in a museum or public gallery or as an independent curator
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary art, artists and art world networks
- Confident public speaker, able to represent the Gallery and its programmes to diverse audiences
- Excellent organisation skills including demonstrable ability to plan and deliver projects on time and to budget
- Excellent communication and accuracy in written communication
- Impeccable writing skills with proven record of high-quality research and critical art writing
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy
- Experience of managing complex projects and budgets within an organisational context
- Commitment to advancing equal opportunities and diversity
- Commitment to and real understanding of the aims and objectives of the ICA
- Collaborative approach to team working, including the ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues across the organisation
For the full job description, click 'apply'.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year
- Office applications
- general knowledge