Customer service managers (peer-review)
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet. Interested in academic publishing? Join us!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking strong, motivational leaders to join us as customer service managers who will be leading a sub-team of assistants and specialists handling the peer review of scholarly journals in the fields of Health and Life Sciences research. The successful candidates will be responsible for meeting performance targets, staff management, external stakeholder collaborating and editorial office projects.
- Responsible for monitoring progress to objectives and key results (OKRs), to ensure your team meets key objectives and defined performance plan, with a focus on efficiency and product quality
- Optimise team processes, propose and define development requirements with product development teams in line with customer satisfaction goals and product success
- Inspire, mentor and provide guidance to specialists and assistants towards top performance. Drive team development with initiatives and projects
- Revise or draft new peer review procedures and policies, in line with our philosophy and evolving industry standards
- Represent the interests of the peer review team within the company, providing an effective interface with other departments and maintaining ongoing communication to foster an environment of continuous improvement, optimization and high-quality of the review processes
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous experience in a customer service or operational role within a target-led commercial organisation is essential
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English and ability to handle challenging conversations in a diplomatic and constructive way
- Sound and mature judgement, tactful when liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Previous line management experience
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to digest large amounts of information and react effectively to urgent situations
- Initiative taking, dynamic and focused personality
- Experience in academic/STM publishing and/or academic background would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of flowcharts, process maps and spreadsheet programs would be an advantage
Your application must include:
1. Your latest CV and a tailored cover letter
2. Your notice period
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Medical science
Required degree level
- Level 6 (e.g. Bachelor's degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge