A new and exciting opportunity for a logical and conscientious data trainee to work alongside our Digital and Impact team.
Creative Access is one of the leading diversity organisations in the UK. A not-for-profit social enterprise, unrivalled in diverse recruitment, training and inclusion, Creative Access helps talented people to thrive in the creative industries who come from groups that are under-represented in terms of ethnicity, socio-economic backgrounds and disability.
The organisation provides a range of services to companies, from recruitment to employer training and mentoring programmes, working with over 500 creative companies including ITV, Apple, Sky, Aardman Animations and The National Theatre. As the organisation continues to grow, we are looking for a new trainee to join us for a 12 month internship within our supportive Digital and Impact team and working towards a Salesforce qualification.
What you will learn
- How to improve the data quality of records in Creative Access’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system (Salesforce), for example merging duplicates, checking for consistency, running reports and finding errors
- Learn how to make minor adjustments to the configuration of Creative Access’s CRM system
- With support, import and export data between different systems, ensuring consistency and accuracy
- How to use Mailchimp; ensuring high quality marketing and subscriber lists, by reducing bounce numbers, archiving unsubscribes and managing segmentation
- Building and maintaining online forms; check and test the performance of online forms, learning to troubleshoot simple failures and fix these
- Assist other departments with data queries and problems
- Learn how to build reports to query and cross reference data, and visualise these reports using charts, graphs and dashboards
- Deliver troubleshooting support and ad hoc training to team members as needed
- Work towards an internationally recognised Salesforce Administrator certification
- You are able to think logically and systematically
- You are eager to learn, curious and creative
- You are genuinely fascinated by data, and motivated to use digital systems to help people communicate, manage information, and make decisions
- You care about diversity, equity and inclusion, and want to contribute to a fast-growing social enterprise with a supportive culture
- You are a good communicator who likes working with people at all levels and gets a kick out of solving problems
- You might be looking for a career in systems development, project management, digital consultancy or data management (or maybe you don’t yet know what you want to do, so this would be a great introduction to the digital world)
- You might have a computer science background or have been exposed to maths, statistics, or social science research methods, but don’t worry if you haven’t
Please note, this role is open to applicants who want to work flexibly or part-time.
Terms and conditions
Salary: £20,111 per annum (or part-time equivalent)
Holiday entitlement: 22 days per calendar year, plus statutory English Bank holidays, the days between Christmas and New Year, and half a day for your birthday (pro-rated for part-time staff)
Hours of work: Standard office hours are 10.00 – 18.00 Monday to Friday. The post-holder will be expected to assume duties outside of working hours to support the delivery of the role and operation of the organisation when required
Premises: Creative Access / ITV, West Works, 195 Wood Lane, London W12 7FQ (hybrid work for home / office)
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience