Development assistant (Trusts & Foundations)
Closing date for applications: 19th August 2022 at 11.59pm
Salary: £18,000 per annum
First interviews: week commencing 29th August 2022
Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic, and proactive individual with a passion for the arts and arts engagement? Can you work effectively as a member of a busy team and manage your own workload, balancing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines?
Are you a good communicator, have strong writing and listening skills and the self-awareness and confidence to communicate effectively at all levels?
If yes, you could be our new Development Assistant (Trusts and Foundations).
Working with the Director of Fundraising and Development, you will support the administration around making Leeds Playhouse funding applications to Trusts and Foundations. You will be responsible to both the Director of Fundraising and Development, and the Head of Development.
This is an important role in the team and one which carries responsibility for the timely delivery of applications, reports and evaluations.
You will have the skills to work on several projects at a time through to completion, within agreed timescales and to high standards.
This is a permanent contract, and you will be working 35 hours of paid work per week plus un-paid breaks (which may include evenings and weekend working with notice).
- To work with the Director of Fundraising and Development on making applications to trusts and foundations, compiling relevant paperwork and working to meet deadlines
- To ensure the smooth administration of activities across the trusts & foundations income headings in line with the priorities of the department and the theatre
- To maintain and co-ordinate reporting systems and schedules, including liaising with other departments, to ensure paperwork, reports and evaluations are delivered in line with funder requirements
- To ensure appropriate accreditation in Playhouse publications, on social media and online
- To research and identify opportunities with local and national trusts and foundations
- To nurture funder relationships, alongside the Development team, including thank you notifications and on-going communications with trusts and foundations stakeholders
- To work, alongside the Development, and Marketing & Communications teams, to support trusts and foundation stakeholder comms, and associated promotion of funded activity
- To update the fundraising and development pages of the website with content, including photographs, videos
- Work directly with the Finance Department to ensure grant funding is received and acknowledged quickly
- To work with the Development Team on fundraising priorities and development and delivery of capital and revenue fundraising campaigns as required
- To contribute to the delivery of the Fundraising Strategy as directed by the Head of Fundraising and Development
- To represent the team at Playhouse events, such as press nights and fundraising functions
- To support the team when making applications and producing reports for other supporters and other fundraising activity
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Director of Fundraising and Development
Knowledge, skills, experience
- An interest in, or curiosity for, theatre and arts engagement
- The Development Assistant (Trusts and Foundations) will be responsible for producing financial reports and a variety of materials that present the work of the theatre to various key supporters and stakeholders. Therefore, attention to detail and the ability to present information clearly and attractively are key requirements
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to work well and flexibly in a team including to work evenings and weekends where required with notice
- An understanding of budgets and cash flow
- An ability to research well and maintain up to date activity spreadsheets
- Time management and prioritisation skills: can manage multiple competing priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
- A proven ability to solving problems and creative thinking
- A strong team player, happy communicating with colleagues at all levels
- Strong IT skills and ability to pick up new software packages quickly as needed
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
We have a champion and allies scheme to ensure all employees feel supported, and candidates from diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply.
To find out more about this role please contact Kath Russell Strategic Director of Fundraising & Development via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Years of experience
- Less than £20,000 per year