This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
We have an exciting opportunity for a development manager to join our development team here at Watts Gallery.
We are looking for someone with a passion for building key relationships with new and existing trusts and foundations with the aim of making a significant contribution to increasing Watts Gallery Trust’s networks and income.
The ideal candidate will have proven fundraising experience and a desire to support Watts to achieve its ambitious fundraising targets. If you think you can help us achieve our goals we have lots to offer you in return, including friends and family tickets, discounts in our tea shop and shop, generous annual leave and a beautiful work location at our Artists Village in the Surrey Hills.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Substantial proven experience of working successfully in a fundraising position in the cultural or charitable sector, preferably with a focus on trusts, foundations and public sector income streams
- Demonstrable fundraising success, including a proven track record of securing 5-figure donations
- Experience preparing fundraising applications, excellent writing skills and close attention to detail in written tasks
- Outstanding relationship builder and networker, both internally and externally.
- Experience of developing, managing and maintaining positive relationships with trust and foundation donors
- Demonstrable experience of maximising opportunities, from researching prospects to generating meetings, securing income to achieve targets
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher); accurate typing skills
- Excellent telephone manner; able to communicate effectively with a range of callers
- A strong understanding of trust and foundation practices and principles
- Strong understanding of Watts Gallery Trust's mission and activities
- Proven fundraising experience
Closing date 20th May 2022
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year