Closing date: 10am on Monday 4 March 2024
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Looking to grow a career within arts fundraising and development?
Working closely with the Trusts and Foundations Manager, Development Associate and the Executive Team, the Development Officer will support Matthew Bourne’s artistic vision by working to maximise voluntary income.
The post holder will support on building and developing relationships with trusts and foundations, individual supporters, and corporate partnerships. It will play a crucial role in administering the fundraising function of the charity, ensuring the day-to-day management of the relationship between New Adventures and its prospective and existing donors is managed to a high standard.
This includes providing the administrative underpinning of the team’s activities with specific responsibility for donor stewardship and gift administration, acting as first point of contact for all development queries, creating regular communications with donors and other stakeholders, managing the fundraising team’s use of the newly-implemented CRM, supporting on research and reporting as needed, and creating and delivering events to support essential opportunities to steward/recruit donors in a creative and engaging way.
Trusts and foundations
- Support in identifying and researching new trusts and foundations prospects.
- Support relationships with key trusts and foundations.
- Support on preparation of strong and compelling trusts and foundations grant proposals.
- Support with ensuring that all funder obligations are fulfilled, including donor acknowledgement, and providing clear and accurate reporting.
- Management and maintenance of accurate donor records on CRM including regular income reporting.
- Management of renewal process.
- Keep up to date with changes to the charity sector and fundraising, giving trends and regulations.
- Management of donor crediting.
- Assist with data collection and reporting to funders as required.
- Provide a high level of personalised donor care and stewardship to encourage long term support.
- Work closely with the Communications team on creation of regular donor communications.
- Supporting in research, reporting and Board communications as required by Trusts and Foundation Manager and Deputy Managing Director.
- Support with championing the importance of fundraising internally, engaging staff and trustees.
Events and corporate
- Arranging project and studio visits.
- Support with the planning, coordination, and administration of supporters’ events including invitation administration.
- Support the Development Associate with the administration of corporate events.
- Support the co-ordination and stewardship of in-kind supporters.
- Support with the research of potential corporate partnerships.
Finance and operations
- Support in delivering agreed income targets.
- Keep records, invite lists and profiles updated on the company CRM in line with GDPR, ensuring that prospecting activity and profiles are comprehensively recorded.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure that income is properly administered and that the terms of funding agreements are met in line with Charity Commission requirements.
- With the Finance Manager, provide regular forecast updates on income and expenditure for reporting to the Board.
- Work with the Take Part Team and the Access, Inclusion and Data Manager to ensure evaluation requirements are integrated into funded projects from the outset.
- Support the Trusts and Foundations Manager on the administration and minuting of the quarterly Development Sub-Committee meeting.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous experience in a fundraising or business development role
- Experience of event coordination and administration
- Experience of producing customer/donor communications
- Experience of using and administrating CRM and data systems
- Knowledge of GDPR, data protection and fundraising compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, proven ability to multitask, work to targets and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to connect with a wide range of stakeholders
- A passion for the arts and belief in its ability to have a positive effect on people’s lives
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel and MS Word
- Knowledge of the UK dance and theatre sector
- Knowledge of the UK charity sector
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and welcome different points of view, skills, and stories.
The employer reserves the right to close the listing and stop accepting applications sooner than the original deadline. Therefore we strongly recommend applying at the earliest opportunity.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Level of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year