Development & production intern
Closing date for applications: 9th July at 11.59pm
Salary: London Living Wage
Start date: End of July 2022
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30pm - 6pm
Location: Carnaby Street, London with potential for 1 day/week from home
Look no further if you want to enter the TV industry and boost your administrative, development & production skills through hands-on experience...
New Regency Television International launched at the start of 2019. Based out of London and drawing from New Regency’s long-established relationships with the best writing, directing and producing talent, the division is focused on developing and producing high-end, authored and distinctive scripted content for the international marketplace. NRTV recently produced thriller series THE BEAST MUST DIE starring Cush Jumbo and Jared Harris for BritBox UK & AMC, and has a diverse slate of projects in development including THE MISSING CRYPTOQUEEN based on the popular BBC podcast; RUB & TUG written by Pose and Transparent writer Our Lady J; and SORROW & BLISS based on the bestselling novel by Meg Mason.
New Regency’s recent film slate includes an original film from David O. Russell starring Christian Bale, Robert de Niro, Margot Robbie, Rami Malek, and John David Washington; Robert Eggers’ THE NORTHMAN starring Alexander Skarsgård, Nicole Kidman and Willem Dafoe; and EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE has also recently been released through Amazon.
The driving force of this internship will be to provide administrative and development support on a day-to-day basis to the NRTV Team.
What you'll learn
- How to help run & maintain an office space & to support and assist a development team
- How to gather, compile & present research; working to a brief
- Honing skills in writing coverage and notetaking (in meetings and/or project related matters)
- An understanding of how the development process works
- How to manage samples & submissions logs
- A greater knowledge of talent & industry news and practices
How you'll learn
- General office admin
- Helping to maintain the office space; taking care of the team & assisting with meetings & guests
- Helping with post, covering phones & carrying out any runs/deliveries that may be required
- Assisting with travel & accommodation requirements for staff or company associates
- Providing logistical support to Office Coordinator when required
- Assisting with diary management
Development & production
- Helping with logging, reading & managing submissions and samples
- Providing coverage on submissions
- Updating & maintaining various industry & talent logs, and compiling industry news updates for the team
- Providing research & notes, as well as other project assistance, as required - Assisting on production matters e.g., checking availabilities
Who we're looking for
- No prior professional experience is required for this role
- An organised self-starter who is willing to expand their skills in TV
- GCSE qualifications in Maths & English
- Any arts subjects at a higher level are beneficial, such as Media, Film, English
- You might have some familiarity with writing coverage, assistant duties and broader administrative tasks; if so, we would love to hear about this in your application
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience