Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 4th July
Interviews: Tuesday 12th July
Contract: part-time permanent contract (job share)
3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and either Tuesday or Thursday
Commencing: August 2022
Salary and hours: £28,000 pro rata (22.5 hours per week, excluding breaks)
Location working from our offices at Plexal (Here East) in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as well as remotely
Probationary period: 3 months
The Line is recruiting a digital producer who will join the team at an exciting time to work on design and digital content to engage and expand our audiences.
The Line is London’s first dedicated art walk. The Line exists to connect communities and inspire individuals through an outdoor exhibition programme where everyone can enjoy art, nature and heritage for free. The route runs between Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and The O2, following the waterways and the line of the Greenwich Meridian. Find out more information at www.the-line.org
Building on the success of recent digital programming – including a new website, digital guide with Bloomberg Connects and artist audio and films – The Line is seeking a creative, dynamic and versatile digital producer to work with our current Digital Producer as a job-share.
The role will require you to work with existing branding to create and manage a cohesive design approach across the organisation. You will be joining the organisation at a time of growth with the opportunity to contribute significantly to our profile and reach. The creation of compelling visual content will be essential, including the design of key materials including learning resources, funding reports, patron packs and signage.
Design and create new content to include:
- Artwork signage, interpretation panels and acknowledgement boards on The Line
- Patron packs and funding reports to capture and convey the benefits and impacts of The Line (to include data visualisation)
- Audio content for our Bloomberg Connects app (recording and editing) – the team will support in the development of this
- Supporting the development of artist films to document artworks on The Line
- Creating content for social media
- The organisation of events, workshops and panel discussions to enhance digital engagement
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Graphic design experience
- Proven track record of delivering successful digital content across print, audio and film media
- Experience in the use of InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, CMS, audio and video editing software
- The ability to effectively build on our existing visual identity and design to promote The Line through compelling content and visual narratives
- Experience of managing production of digital and design projects from commencement to delivery
- Experience of producing schedules to ensure programmes are delivered on time
- Resourceful and willing to work as part of a small team with small budgets
- Enthusiastic with a passion for brilliant accessible content, arts and community
Click the apply button to find out more about the responsibilities of this role.
- Educated to degree level preferably in a relevant subject or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable interest in visual arts
- Experience of expanding audiences for online content
- Experience of using data visualisation to animate reports and policy documents
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Up to date knowledge around inclusion and accessibility in wayfinding and the digital sphere
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Visual arts / Design
Required degree level
- Level 3 (e.g. A Level)
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- Digital Marketing
- Office applications