This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Diversity & inclusion and staff training manager
Salary: £47,804.12 with a fixed sum allowance of £1,127
Closing date: 20th May at midnight
Are you passionate about making politics more representative of the public it serves? Want politics to be a welcoming place for a wide range of people? Explore this role with The Labour Party.
The Labour Party is looking to recruit a D&I and Staff Training Manager to provide internal policy development and initiatives in the areas of D&I and staff training, taking responsibility for implementing our overarching D&I strategy as part of the People and Talent team. The post-holder will be responsible for promoting diversity and inclusion across the Labour Party and to support the culture change programme embedding inclusion as a key part of that programme as well as supporting the delivery of the transformation programme needed to win the 2024 General Election (Operation Change). The post holder will also have a role in supporting the delivery of the Labour Party’s Action Plan to address antisemitism
The successful candidate will have passion for the Diversity & Inclusion agenda and previous experience of delivering meaningful change in this area within an organisation; experience of identifying learning needs and designing and delivering learning programmes; In-depth subject matter expertise in Diversity and Inclusion policy and procedure and knowledge of best practice in learning and development and talent management; Procurement and contracting of training programmes and providers to fit with the organisational priorities.
- To support the Executive Director for People in the delivery of the programme of cultural transformation which helps create an organisation which is healthy and functioning and which delivers a Labour Government in the 2024 General Election
- To lead on the party’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy to ensure that it is fits with the priorities identified by the D&I board members and the leadership; to improve representation at all levels within the organisation and to create an exciting and inclusive culture which retains talented people from all backgrounds
- To lead on the implementation of the Diversity & Inclusion Strategy and develop an ambitious D&I action plan using analysis of best-practice and benchmarking against other similar organisations, monitoring and tracking actions so that tangible impact can be measured and bench marked. This role will focus on internal diversity and inclusion stats and help interpret data to provide an evidence based approach to our initiatives
- To work closely with the HR team to inform, revise and update all people policies to ensure inclusion is embedded in our ways of working and the impact on equality and diversity is monitored and action is taken
- Provide subject matter expertise on equality, diversity and inclusion issues ensuring that the party is compliant with the Equality Act with particular reference to the Action Plan on antisemitism
- Provide effective leadership on staff training to support the development and delivery of the learning plan for staff and ensure that L&D interventions fully support the diversity and inclusion strategy and the resourcing and development demands of the change programme being undertaken. This will be delivered working closely with the Training team
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to set the strategic direction of the Party to deliver on the goals and values set out in the political strategy and set, manage and monitor all budgets for the department within the remit of the role
- Review opportunities and existing mechanisms to actively promote diversity and inclusion as an employer to ensure we have an inclusive culture where everyone can fulfil their potential
- Work closely with the Diversity and Inclusion Board providing support and guidance to sub-groups of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Staff Networks and across the party
- The role will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, the D &I Board, Staff Networks, trade unions, senior colleagues and as a member of the People and Talent team.
Knowledge, skills experience
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement skills to set the direction and secure organisational support for new initiatives
- Ability to creatively problem solve and reach effective decisions in a complex political environment
- Analytical thinking and the ability to present evidence in a compelling way both visually and narratively
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven experience in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Passion for the Diversity & Inclusion agenda and previous experience of delivering meaningful change in this area within an organisation
- Experience of identifying learning needs and designing and delivering learning programmes
- Experience managing a budget to deliver on specific goals and outputs in the learning and development area
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders. Ability to understand organisational aims / strategy and to be able to recommend approaches that support the strategy
- Proven experience of creating and delivering a strategic commitment to progressive equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Proven experience of managing and using data to inform D&I outcomes and measure success.
- An understanding of how HR operates in a complex multiple service organisation with the ability to translate this into high quality service delivery
- Procurement and contracting of training programmes and providers to fit with the organisational priorities
- In-depth subject matter expertise in Diversity and Inclusion policy and procedure and knowledge of best practice in learning and development and talent management
- Thorough understanding of Equality Act 2010 and equality schemes and good practice
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year