The DRF David Miller internship programme
Salary/bursary: £11.05 per hour for seven hours per day for six weeks (£2400). Expenses of £100 per week will be included for travel and other expenses
Contract duration: 6 weeks
Location: London (accommodation will be provided if needed) & Germany (two days, one night) to attend the Frankfurt Book Fair
Deadline: 26th June 2022 at 23:59
Start date: 19th September 2022
Looking for a springboard into publishing and the best way to learn about the world of rights and agenting? This unmissable opportunity is the answer.
The Deborah Rogers Foundation (DRF) David Miller Bursary, currently awarded to a developing rights professional already working in the business, is to be re-focused on creating entry pathways for people from groups under-represented in the sector.
They are excited to be looking for two interns who will complete 6-week internships and will be introduced to the world of rights and agenting. Companies committed to the programme and who will provide placements include RCW, David Higham, ILA, Penguin Random House and Faber.
What you will learn
- The programme will offer an entry level introduction to rights and agenting in publishing companies and literary agencies, providing a full understanding of the role of rights professionals within the wider industry. This will be achieved through first-hand experience and intensive training, with the specific aim of providing a significant stepping stone to the successful candidates in their search for future employment
- You will be involved with The Frankfurt Book Fair, the key yearly rights event in October
- You will also be given mentoring and guidance throughout your placement
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A keen interest in publishing, in particular rights and agenting
- Eager to learn
- Good time management skills
- Highly organised
The DRF David Miller Internship Programme is named in memory of RCW agent David Miller who died in 2016.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience