Editor outreach manager
Location: part- or full-time remote working
Are you a people people, and interested in research or publishing? This could be your next role.
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
We are seeking a driven and target-oriented professional for the role of Editor Outreach Manager. This role provides an excellent opportunity to be a part of our growth plan and will be instrumental in achieving our mission to make science open.
You will be responsible for ensuring the success of our editor outreach strategy, recruiting top quality editors for editorial positions across the Frontiers journal series. You will contribute to the development of new strategies including profiling academic experts and effective communication with Editors. You will also recruit, train, and look after the development of a team of Editor Outreach Specialists within the Publishing Development department.
- Drive high quality editors’ recruitment and accountable for meeting editorial boards expansion targets and objectives.
- Accurate reporting on editors’ recruitment progress to targets, timely flagging of issues and identifying actions to resolve them
- Support the Head of Program in assessing workload across the Editor Outreach Team and allocate resources effectively
- Make recommendations for internal process optimisation to ensure team efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure efficiency and scalability of editors’ recruitment operations
- Lead an Editor Outreach Team, responsible for overall Editor Outreach Team performance, recruitment and training of new team members and their continued development.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Demonstrated experience in people management
- Target driven and business focused
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Collaborative and professional
- Proactive, solution oriented
- Aptitude for digesting large amounts of information, and reacting effectively to urgent situations
- Ability to work independently, be highly organised and meet deadlines
- Proven experience in process optimisation would be a plus
- Professional experience in the publishing industry may be preferable
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Education science
Required degree level
- Level 6 (e.g. Bachelor's degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge