Closing date: 21 August 2022 at 6pm
Salary: depending on experience
This is an exceptional opportunity for an editorial director to help shape the publishing of two successful imprints with a strong global customer base.
Design Eye and Ivy Kids are customer-facing, co-edition imprints who publish highly engaging and beautifully illustrated non-fiction books for children. Working with expert authors and contemporary illustrators, we create innovative novelty, gift and picture books that explore high-interest STEAM topics.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly creative thinker with a track record of publishing commercially successful ideas. You are also a strong leader who can deputise in the publisher’s absence and contribute to the strategic management of the lists.
- Work closely with the Publisher and Art Director to develop and deliver the publishing programme (approximately 50 front list titles per year, including non-fiction, gift, picture book and novelty products)
- Identify new book and non-book opportunities across the list
- Use market data to give the imprints a commercial advantage
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment
- Keep on top of working practices and propose efficient ways of working
- Keep up to date with cross-cultural trends to inform product development
- Handle the project management and editing of approximately 10 self-initiated live titles per year
- Ensure that all projects deliver strong financial returns, on time and to brief
The preceding information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of people assigned to this job. It is not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
The role is a full-time permanent position, based in London. We have a hybrid working pattern which is currently three office-based days. We also offer a highly competitive benefits package.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is August 21, 2022.
In order to create an equitable environment for all candidates invited to meet with us, the main interview questions will be provided at least 3 days in advance of your meeting.
Years of experience