Closing date: Monday 4 July 2022 at 11.59pm
Location: hybrid working potential, based in Central London
Term: full time, four-month fixed placement
Take an exciting step towards a career in publishing with this 4-month role at Thames & Hudson...
Thames & Hudson is the leading global publisher of illustrated books on the visual arts, history and popular culture. We are offering an opportunity for a bright, creative and resourceful graduate to join our editorial department and gain a valuable insight into the processes of illustrated publishing.
This is a busy, varied position that will give you the opportunity to shadow and assist in the editing, picture research, design and proofing stages of the production process. In particular, you will provide dedicated administrative support for our growing Children’s list.
This is an exciting chance to work on a wide variety of beautiful and innovative books and to gain invaluable experience and understanding of all aspects of the publishing process, from proposal to press. The position is based in central London with the opportunity for flexible working. IT equipment for home-working will be provided.
Among other tasks, you will be:
- Reviewing submissions
- Proofreading layouts
- Checking proofs and eBooks
- Drafting sales copy
- Researching or assessing illustration material
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the visual arts and culture; particular interest in Children’s publishing highly desirable
- A humanities degree
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work with others flexibly
- Excellent command of English spelling and grammar, and good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Confidence in Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro desirable but not essential
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements above to Alice Craddock via the apply button. State in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Required degree level
- Level 6 (e.g. Bachelor's degree)
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- MS Excel