Entry-level / junior designer
Closing date for applications: 7th December at 11.59pm
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
Term: Permanent role
Start date: Early January 2024
Develop your skills as a designer in the early stages of your career at this creative studio!
MXW is a creative marketing studio that brings entertainment brands to life in ways that audiences love - through strategic thinking, pitch-perfect presentations and big ideas across retail, digital and experiential. A proud member of the Trailer Park Group, MXW has strong relationships within the film and entertainment industry worldwide, with clients including The Walt Disney Company, Netflix and Universal.
Its close-knit team of highly skilled designers and storytellers are known for their exceptional creative solutions, working collaboratively within a supportive and sociable environment.
The studio is looking for a proactive and diligent entry-level or junior designer to join its team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to communicate ideas through powerful, well-considered designs and has a proven passion for film, entertainment, and popular culture.
- Hands-on design work, implementing client feedback and rolling out approved directions; creating visually appealing layouts, graphics, and mock-ups
- Working collaboratively with the senior design team, providing input in the creation of creative assets for brand decks, print materials, social/digital, audio/visual and experiential projects
- Working alongside the design team, learning about day-to-day running of the studio
- Idea generation for new or ongoing projects
- Undertake research assignments and assist in sourcing assets
- Designing materials in line with brand identity and guidelines
- Participate in meetings and contribute to team brainstorming sessions
- Contribute to social media posts and the preparation of mood boards
- General housekeeping of software, creative assets, style guides and project files.
- Any other duties which the Company shall reasonably require from time to time.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Enthusiasm and passion is as important as your skillset in this role, so we're looking for people who live and breathe film & TV
- Strong design skills and an ability to communicate ideas through visuals
- An interest in cultural and zeitgeist events that can influence ideas and tactics
- Awareness of current film, fashion, music and social trends
- Creative and innovative, not afraid to get involved
- Proactive and solutions oriented
- Organised and efficient
- Close attention to detail
- Team player and great communicator with a positive, energetic attitude – someone who enjoys a busy team environment!
- Knowledge of Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of working in Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides is an added advantage
- The ideal candidate enjoys collaboration, is self-motivated and strives for innovation
- Able to provide a portfolio that showcases your creativity across a range of platforms and mediums
- Someone who aligns with MXW's company values in delivering high-end, standout, elevated work.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, those undergoing gender reassignment / transitioning and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Level of experience