Equalities & representation manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Closing date: 29 May 2022 at midnight
Locations: Manchester International Festival/The Factory
Remote status: Hybrid remote
Looking to create a positive change within the arts and culture sector? Passionate about equality and representation? We're looking for you!
We are looking for someone to join our organisation who is passionate about equality and representation. You will be looking for an opportunity to contribute to creating positive change within the arts and culture sector.
Our Equalities & Representation Action Plan captures all the actions that we consider will have a material impact on who we are as an organisation. It is a guiding document, rather than a defining one. As events of the last couple of years have taught us, remaining open and adaptable in our equalities work ensures we meet the most important needs in this area.
The role reports directly into our HR Director and will work collaboratively within the People & Culture team, whilst also maintaining a supportive working relationship with colleagues across MIF/The Factory to harness and help develop the overall programme of Equalities. You will also maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Finance and Resources who is the Executive Champion for Equalities, and Chair of the Equalities Leadership Group.
• Within the existing Equalities Performance and Accountability Framework, the role will have responsibility within two key groups:
• Chair of the Equalities Leadership Group that collectively has accountability for delivering the Action Plan.
• Member of the Equalities Advisory Group that has responsibility for reviewing and developing our organisational documentation, including policies and aspirational statements around our DE&I work.
• Within the People & Culture team the role will be key to delivering a range of actions that include:
• Identifying and coordinating induction sessions for all new starters ensuing a shared understanding of our values and organisational culture
• Co-ordinating a programme of education and awareness sessions for staff that responds to the needs of the Equalities Representation Groups (ERGs)
• Co-ordinate the delivery of our proprietary training framework around Cultural Competency
• Undertake people surveys around equalities and organisational culture, and evaluate and deliver feedback and results to the organisation
• Promote, manage, and maintain the reciprocal mentoring scheme
Analyse and report data and insights around representation to make recommendations for adjustments back to the organisation
• Have ownership alongside ERGs and Leadership Group for successful delivery of sector leadership and advocacy actions, including attendance at key events and conferences where required
Knowledge, skills, experience
• Passionate about Equality and Representation and how to apply this to organisational change
• Knowledge of current legislation and good practice relating to Equality and Representation
• Empathetic and understanding approach to sensitive issues
Strong time-management and self-organisation skills with a deadline driven approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Human resources / Organisation
- Sociology / Politics / Administration
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year