Event manager (multi-artform)
Closing date for applications: 21st August at 11.59pm
Salary: £32,000 - £34,000 per year
Contract: Full-time. Permanent role or fixed term September 2022 – March 2023
Do you have experience of managing arts events? Join Europe's largest arts centre in this role...
Recently our Event Management team have worked with Paul McCartney, Grace Jones, Wagner's Parsifal, Ai Weiwei, Hot Chip, Peaches, Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzalez, Anoushka Shankar & family, Sun Ra Arkestra, Akala, Margaret Atwood, PJ Harvey, Stewart Lee, Damon Albarn, James Acaster & Ed Gamble, Holly Blakey & Jeremy Deller, Sally Rooney and Stormzy to name but a few. We care about our artists, our audiences and local residents with our location in the heart of Lambeth and we have a considerable programme of events available free at the point of entry bringing people together, and bringing unbeatable cultural experiences to underrepresented audiences.
We are looking for 3 people to join our expanding Event Management team. One role is on a permanent contract and two roles are on fixed-term contracts from September 2022 to March 2023. The Event Management team work on Events across all artforms and Public Programming activity and are scheduled around 3 months in advance. The role is responsible for the advancing, coordination, delivery and reconciliation of allocated events across all artforms. The majority of Southbank Centre Artistic Events take place Wednesday to Sunday and the post-holder should expect to work regular evenings and events on approx 3 weekends out of 5.
If appointed, you’d join a team of Senior Producers, Producers, artform specialist Event Managers (e.g. Classical Music) and multi-artform Event Managers, supported by Assistant Event Managers and Producing Assistants; working alongside the wider Artistic Programming team.
No one day as an Event Manager is the same, and we're proud to work with some of the biggest names in the arts, from our renowned resident orchestras to producing the internationally acclaimed London Literature Festival and the longest running curator-led festival in the world, Meltdown Festival. The Event Management team are a welcoming group full of industry leading professionals creating amazing experiences in a stunning central London location by the River Thames.
- Advance and deliver a range of diverse and dynamic artistic events in conjunction with the Producing and Programming teams to deliver the Southbank Centre’s artistic programme to an international standard.
- To be the main point of contact for logistics for performances.
- Manage event schedules, contracts, budgets, payments, travel, hotels, internal transport, riders, hires, visas, FEU, artist liaison, merchandise, security, recordings and the scheduling of all event associated rehearsals, sound-checks, signings and receptions.
- Communicate the operational needs of assigned events to all necessary and related internal departments through the effective administration of Artifax, Southbank Centre’s venue management system, and agreed operational procedures.
- Undertake event duty for allocated shows and projects and associated ancillary activity as required.
- Be committed to providing the warmest welcome and highest level of customer service.
We welcome applications from people from a Black, Asian or Ethnically Diverse background or those who are D/deaf or disabled. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments such as a BSL interpreter for your interview for this role please indicate this on your application form. If you would like to speak to someone about any adjustments or concerns you can also email email@example.com and we will be in touch with you to make the necessary arrangements.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Information session: We will be holding an informal information session over Zoom on Thursday 11th August, 1-2pm for anyone who would be interested in learning a little bit more or to ask any questions before submitting an application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share the link with you. We want to hear from as many people as possible so if you require any reasonable adjustments or would like to chat to us before applying please join the session or email email@example.com
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year