Closing date for applications: 15th July at 11.59pm
Salary: depending on experience
Join a team that delivers world-class events with a first-rate customer experience for attendees.
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet. Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are recruiting an exceptional Events Manager within our growing Events team to report into the Head of Events. You will play a crucial role scaling up our events schedule from the Autumn to deliver a range of high-profile events in support of Frontiers’ strategic objectives. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of our Frontiers Forum VIP speaker sessions and Frontiers Forum annual flagship event. Our events are delivered to global audiences with VIP speakers including Nobel-prize winners such as Jennifer Doudna, world-leading scientists, and global leaders such as former US Vice President Al Gore.
- Work closely with the Head of Events and the Frontiers editorial team on the conceptualization, planning and management of the Frontiers Forum flagship event, (3-day hybrid event in Montreux, Switzerland), and the VIP speaker sessions (4 virtual events per year with 3,000-9,000 attendees per session)
- Line manage an Event Administrative Assistant
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage the invitation list for the Frontiers Forum flagship event and each Frontiers Forum VIP speaker session
- CRM management for each event: manage large volumes of data for invitation management and reporting
- Manage the hybrid events platform selected for the Frontiers Forum flagship event to livestream sessions and connect in-person and virtual attendees
- Manage the virtual platform for each Frontiers Forum speaker session
- Manage all logistics for Frontiers Forum flagship event and the Frontiers Forum VIP speaker sessions
- Oversee and track budgets
- Collect and analyze data, competitive intelligence, and trends to ensure relevance of content and meaningful attendee experience to achieve event objectives and vision
- Contribute to the long-term strategy of Frontiers’ events by identifying new ideas, concepts, innovations and ways to improve our events from elsewhere in the sector and beyond
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Significant experience in an events management role delivering virtual, hybrid and in-person events to large audiences
- Experience of delivering a high volume of successful virtual events, working on multiple events and activities simultaneously
- Experience of managing event platforms for the delivery of hybrid events
- Tech savvy with experience of CRMs and Email Marketing Systems
- Experience of line management
- Experience of budget management
- Advanced administration skills including Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel including x look up and pivot tables
- Understanding of changing events industry landscape, technical and production approaches, with a keenness to identify new ways of working to recommend improvements and adjustments to current events, planning and processes
- Flexible attitude – the events team is embarking on a new schedule of scaled-up events so some tasks may need to be juggled between team members over time to adapt to the requirements of the schedule
- Some international travel required for a small number of events
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Applications without a dedicated cover letter will not be considered. Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
- Tourism / Eventmanagement
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge