This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
F1000 communications apprentice
Closing date for applications: 7th August 2022
Start: September 2022
We have an exciting and well-rounded opportunity for a motivated Apprentice to join our Communications team in the F1000 arm of the business.
This is a role that will operate globally, and you will be involved in supporting with all aspects of the external communications strategy for F1000.
F1000 is committed to publishing and promoting research that informs and influences at every level of society, from medical practice through to government policy. A well-crafted communications campaign is often the driving force behind a key piece of research achieving significant impact. To help us in this ambition, we are looking for a driven, creative candidate who can effectively work with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Communications Apprentice in this team, you will also be studying for the Level 4 PR & Communications Assistant qualification which will provide you with the most up-to-date knowledge around how to produce and deliver an effective range of content to build the organisation’s external profile. You will also be equipped with the know-how and be exposed to how the team works with journalists and other stakeholders in the press office and be able to contribute to activity across the broader Corporate Communications team.
We’ll ensure you have the chance to learn on the job with mentoring and development from our colleagues, putting your off the job training to practical use to cement your learning. Upon completion, you'll have developed and honed your knowledge and skills to grow your career within a Communications environment.
Working at the heart of our F1000 Communications team, tasks are likely to include:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders on blog content around positioning F1000 as a leader in Open research.
- Assisting with the delivery of our internal and external supporter programmes.
- Organising design briefs in collaboration with the in-house design team and external agencies to project timelines.
- Liaising with the F1000 Internal Communications team on the promotion of campaigns and events.
- Assisting in the creation of social media posts and campaign reporting.
- Creating materials and tools for colleagues to build the brand internally and support the work of colleagues as ambassadors in external communication.
- Assisting the team in conducting audits of our visual branding to ensure consistency of F1000’s visual identity.
- Supporting the team in the identification and delivery of key corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Assisting in the management of projects across the team and support as and when required.
You will work towards gaining:
- Level 4 Apprenticeship as a PR & Communications Assistant (standard)
- You will need to complete an End Point Assessment to successfully pass your apprenticeship
Knowledge, skills, experience
- As a minimum requirement, you will need to have achieved 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications. Ideally you will also have A-Levels or further education studies.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, Teams, Office 365 and SharePoint - we will help you learn these too!
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the drive to achieve.
- Effective time management skills, meeting deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Be a team player, building good working relationships and retaining a positive attitude towards your work and colleagues.
- Creativity and willingness to bring new ideas to the team.
- Interest in learning, developing and applying best practices.
- To be eligible for Apprenticeship funding you need to have the right to and be living in England.
- You must not already hold a qualification of the same type, content and level.
- Our Apprentice opportunities are open for candidates who do not currently hold and who are not currently studying for a degree level qualification.
- You must not be undertaking another apprenticeship or in education at the same time.
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across England. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
Whilst this role can be completed remotely, there will be an expectation to work from our Milton Park, Oxfordshire offices on occasion so a commutable distance from here is desirable.
An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, A certificate will be issued formally recognising this achievement and will mark the end of the 18-month program. Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role for you, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
Consent to this service