This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Field sales manager
Deadline for applications: Sunday 26th June 2022 at 11.59pm
In this role you'll be acting as a brand ambassador for a multi‑award‑winning, independent children's book publisher!
We have an exciting opportunity for a hardworking and entrepreneurial salesperson to lead our small but perfectly formed Field Sales team working across Nosy Crow’s fast growing and award-winning Children’s list. You will lead our Field Sales strategy, managing two field-based Area Sales Managers and working with them to deliver growth across all sectors. You will also manage relationships with independent booksellers, heritage outlets and gift shops across London, the South-East and East Anglia, acting as a brand ambassador for the Nosy Crow list.
We want to provide a bespoke service to our customers, and you will work closely with our Marketing and Publicity teams to find new and innovative ways to promote our books, shout about our incredible authors and make our customers the heart of the local community.
Our Field Sales Manager will be the voice of indie booksellers within Nosy Crow and will offer a friendly, fun and collaborative approach to selling books. You will also work to curate our list for gift and heritage outlets, school and library suppliers and wholesale customers across the UK.
We want to listen to our customers and work with them to publish and sell the very best children’s books in the market. Your role will be to act as a brand ambassador for Nosy Crow, selling our books across the independent, heritage and gift sectors, strengthening our relationships with innovative and exciting promotions, whilst always keeping an eye out for new opportunities.
- Responsibility for two Area Sales Managers, working closely with them to feedback key insights from their territories and helping to shape the list accordingly
- Responsibility for selling to all independent booksellers and heritage and gift accounts across London, South-East and East Anglia, arranging travel as necessary to support trips
- Responsibility for handling orders, providing information and sales material to customers
- Working with Publicity teams to assist in the hosting of author events, tours and signings
- Working with Marketing teams to provide promotional support for your accounts and maximise sales opportunities
- Working with Deputy Head of UK Sales to deliver a sales growth strategy across your accounts
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills
- Very good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- You must hold a clean full UK driver’s licence
- A proven track record in building profitable business relationships and meeting targets
- Experience of and familiarity with social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience of working closely with Marketing and Publicity teams to support promotional activity
- A keen interest in children’s books; board books and novelty, picture books and young fiction
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a Sales professional. Please send to Felicity Culley via the apply button. We really look forward to reading your application.
Nosy Crow is a disability confident committed, equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Marketing / Sales
Required degree level
- Level 3 (e.g. A Level)
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year
- general knowledge
- Office applications
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel