This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Financial & Professional Services Intern
Deadline: 06/02/2022 17:00
Salary: London Living Wage
Contract: 4 months
Start date: End of February onwards
Have a passion for communications? Would you love to work on huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands? This is your chance!
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is a communications agency with a unique structure; a matrix of sector experts and discipline specialists that makes it well adapted to the evolving needs of today’s most exciting brands.
At the heart of every account is a dedicated sector-focused team, promising deep industry knowledge, proactive account management, and attentive client handling. These teams work side-by-side with a wide range of specialists, in everything from ESG and behavioural science to public affairs and crisis, each bringing market-leading expertise in their discipline to meet client needs.
We have an opportunity for an Intern to join our fast-growing Financial + Professional Services team in London. This dynamic and ambitious group of 20+ consultants lead some of our most well-known and biggest accounts, working across specialist corporate communication, consumer, B2B, content and publishing and social media, issues and crisis, and public affairs.
The Financial + Professional Services team grew rapidly in 2021, winning 12 new clients and increasing in headcount. We’re proud of providing clients with depth of expertise in financial and professional services, as well as experience in multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications.
We take pride in delivering best in class creative work, while recognising the human element in creating the optimum environment forthis. You will see your ambition rewarded and spurred on by managers and colleagues, with plenty of opportunity for personal development and growth.
What you will learn
- The opportunity to develop your communications career within a full-service and internationally networked PR consultancy with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- The opportunity to work on huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- The opportunity to hone your skills across media relations, public affairs, corporate communications, social media and content generation
- Breadth of learning opportunities working across the H+K business with our experts in areas such as consumer brands, internal comms, crisis + issues management, behavioural science and digital and content production
- Be part of a close-knit, highly motivated team, where culture matters, creativity is encouraged, and engagement and cooperation are common values
- Our dedicated, industry-leading training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Ambitious, and hard-working
- A passion for communications and high levels of intellectual curiosity
- Experience working in comms, PR, PA, or social media is helpful, but not essential
- A good knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office is an advantage, as is being a confident self-starter with aproactive approach
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- As part of your application, please answer the following questions:
- Please outline in no more than 500 words a successful communications campaign (over the last 12 months) that has resonated with you and explain why
- Describe the skills and experience that you believe will make you successful in this role
- Tell us about an achievement (professional, personal or academic) that you are most proud of
- Tell us about four brands you admire and why
- Why do you want to work for H+K?
- Why is a career in PR right for you?
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme for the duration of the placement or first year of contract that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying and more.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience