This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Front of house manager
Application deadline: 10AM, Thursday 19 May 2022
First round interviews will take place: Wednesday 25 May 2022
Second round interviews will take place: Monday 30 May 2022
The Almeida Theatre is seeking a front of house manager!
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the successful operational management of the theatre Front of House (FOH) including managing the department, the provision of excellent customer care, maximising income from FOH activities and venue management including cleaning and day to day maintenance of theatre FOH areas
The Almeida Theatre is an equal opportunities employer and our aim is to create a diverse and inclusive working environment which reflects the city we live and work in and the communities and audiences that we engage with. The recruitment process is open to all. We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are ethnically diverse, D/deaf and disabled and neurodivergent and working class as we want our team and our work to be informed and representative of the diverse community it serves.
• Lead on the management of the FOH area, including the day to day running of Almeida shows, events and any additional hires
• Act as an Ambassador for the Almeida at all times, ensuring the events and front of house areas are in excellent order and implementing systematic checks throughout opening hours to ensure a high standard is maintained
• Click the apply button to find out more about other areas of responsibility, including: staff management; operations; health & safety; equality, diversity, and inclusion; and environmental sustainability
Knowledge, skills, experience
• Experienced in FOH management, including interviewing, induction, staff rota, training etc
• Duty management experience within a live performance environment
• Demonstratable experience in delivering excellent customer care to a range of customers, adapting approach to best suit their needs
• The ability to lead, motivate and support a large team
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage colleagues, visiting artists and freelancers as well as customers and members of the public.
• A calm, positive and solutions focused approach in challenging situations
• The ability to act with tact and diplomacy
• Well organised with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work a flexible work pattern, including evenings and weekends
• A working knowledge of Health and Safety at work
• First Aid at Work certification
• Fire Marshal / Safety certification
• Health & Safety certification
• An interest or passion for theatre and events
• Basic computer admin skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year