General assistant / receptionist
Closing date: 3rd March 2024 at 11.59pm
Salary: £25,643 per annum
Office hours: 9.30am - 6pm
Location: London West End
Start date: End of March 2024 onwards
Do you have a passion for theatre and drama? Are you enthusiastic and highly organised? Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the talent industry…
Creative Artists Management (CAM) is a leading UK based talent agency, specialising in the representation of actors by securing them paid work in television, film, theatre and commercials.
Creative Artists Management is looking for a General Assistant/Receptionist to run the busy reception desk in their vibrant London West End office. This role requires an enthusiastic, friendly and open manner, as you would be the first point of contact for clients, casting directors and industry professionals. It also incorporates working closely with agents and their assistants and looking after the whole CAM team, from arranging commercial castings to making cups of tea!
- Answering the telephone on a busy switchboard, transferring calls and taking messages
- Handling the incoming email enquiries
- Updating the CAM website and maintaining their social media accounts
- Assisting the agents and their assistants with general admin tasks including downloading and uploading of casting tapes and liaising with casting directors/actors, often to a tight deadline
- Day to day running of a busy reception desk including arranging press night flowers, handling client enquiries, greeting guests, editing actors' CVs, invoicing.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Excellent telephone manner
- Superior interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills with an ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Willingness to learn on the job and gain hands-on experience
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and approachable demeanour
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Ability to multitask and prioritise key tasks
- Knowledge of social media is preferred.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, those undergoing gender reassignment / transitioning and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying/mentoring, and more.
Level of experience