Graduate & emerging talent scheme, healthcare public relations
Have a passion for communications? Looking to start your communications career in an award-winning global agency? Then this might just be the role for you!
We’re currently looking for a graduate to join our award-winning Healthcare team in September 2022. Offered as an initial 12-month contract with the opportunity for a permanent role on successful completion.
As part of the global FleishmanHillard/Omnicom healthcare network, our UK-based international team is the largest of 13 teams in Europe, offering deep, sector-specific expertise and award-winning creativity.
The team are a diverse bunch of collaborative individuals. Strategists, scientists, industry professionals, journalists, advocates and media professionals, are all specialists within the healthcare sector. As creative as they are strategic, with a broad spectrum of talents, experiences and expertise all come together to tackle complex issues and deliver outstanding results for our clients.
We are experts at driving engagement by designing and bringing to life healthcare communications programs that are informed by insight and data-led strategy. We are inspired by developing communications that improve access and uptake of therapeutic and diagnostic innovations and approaches, linked directly to health outcomes.
As a team, we’re involved in a range of projects such as internal communications, narrative and message development, brand communications and product launch communications, issues management, medical education, market access communications, global and national media relations and health public affairs and policy communications.
Our client portfolio includes a range of therapy areas from neurology and immunology, cardiovascular medicine, rare diseases, vaccines, in vitro diagnostics, diabetes and metabolic syndromes, respiratory, fertility and reproductive health.
You will be given the chance to work across multiple client accounts from day one, supporting account teams to drive results through media relations, project management, executive profiling, content development, social media and events support. You will also play a role in supporting the team on new business and marketing efforts to continue to grow the practice and current portfolio of clients - see here for current case studies.
- Developing media target lists, research around the news agenda and finding creative angles to promote stories
- Media relations, pitching stories to journalists and drafting writing press releases and bylines
- Assisting in the coordination of events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours and conferences
- Assisting with the drafting of client proposals and/or media materials: plans, presentations and reports
- Support in creating key press materials including press releases, social media content, briefing documents and coverage reports
- Supporting campaign & programme development through relevant research and contributing ideas to planning meetings and brainstorming
- Researching client and competitor products and services to feed into client strategy/new business proposals
- Reporting and providing analysis on the results of online/offline campaign activities
- Actively contributing to new business initiatives
As an agency we celebrate your strengths and ambitions, both professionally and personally, encouraging you to bring your passions to work.
- A team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is passionate about developing their career in integrated communications as part of a leading global agency
- You will have a creative and curious mind
- You'll be willing to lean into new opportunities, stay on top of industry trends, develop meaningful campaign ideas and drive excellent results for clients
- Previous PR or communications agency experience is a bonus but not essential
You must be free to start the position on 12 September 2022 and eligible to work in the UK to be considered for the scheme. Apart from that, all we ask is that you can demonstrate a passion for communications. Applications close on 3 July 2022. Salary £25,000.
FleishmanHillard globally specialises in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
In the UK, recent notable awards include –PRmoment’s Large Agency of the Year (2021), Creative Moment’s Creative Agency of the Year (2021) and awarded Gold in PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (2020).
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. As the only PR Agency awarded EY’s National Equality Standard, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. Do let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Lastly, we apologise in advance that we are unable to respond to every application individually.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year