Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th July 2022
Interviews to be held in: Howard Opera Centre, 8 Harrison Street, Leeds, LS1 6PA
Committed to producing high quality work that informs, excites and entertains, Opera North is looking for an experienced and well-motivated individual to fill a Graphic Designer role.
Opera North is England's national opera company in the north and a leading European arts organisation. Based in Leeds, the company is committed to producing work of the highest quality that excites, challenges and entertains. We tour throughout the north of England, and also nationally and internationally. Acclaimed for its imaginative programming and innovative productions on the main stage, Opera North also programmes its own venue, the Howard Assembly Room with an enormous diversity of activity.
Join a team that is digitally led, collaborative, creative and always looking for the next and best new idea. As a Graphic Designer at Opera North, there’s a new challenge every day.
Successful candidates will be positive and energetic individuals with experience in producing high-calibre design. You will create and artwork engaging design for a range of channels on a daily basis, from motion graphics work for digital screens and social ads to print brochures and flyers using InDesign, Photoshop and After Effects. You will have a keen eye for design, be organised, and great at sticking to deadlines.
- Delivering design work for departments across the organisation
- Seeing through the full design process from interpreting a brief right through to the final execution
- Playing a key role in managing the schedule of design work in a close and collaborative manner with the Head of Marketing
- Working collaboratively with our external creative agencies to implement key artwork
- Re-sizing and designing digital and moving image artworks for digital screens, social media, paid digital advertising, email and web using After Effects
- Designing, proofing and checking print ready artwork for use by various departments including brochures, flyers, and outdoor posters using InDesign and Photoshop
- Working with tour venues to generate assets according to their templates, specs and requirements across both digital and print formats
- Retouching and resizing images
- Being one of our Brand Champions for the organisation, ensuring consistency of design, and that the brand is understood and embedded throughout the whole organisation, plus externally with partners and co-producers
- Liaising closely with the Marketing team, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders including printers and suppliers
- Working to short deadlines and fast turnaround times
- Attending weekly Marketing team meetings and contributing to the work of the wider Audiences team
- With a core understanding of brand integrity you will become an integral part of our in-house design team and help to amplify our digital capabilities
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- A diverse portfolio which demonstrates proficiency of graphic & digital design
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent design skills and artworking experience
- A flexible, positive, can-do attitude which means you approach new projects with energy and respond positively to feedback
- A calm and reliable and collaborative approach
- The ability to liaise appropriately at all levels of the organisation, and with a range of external parties in order to establish good working relationships and to effectively communicate thinking behind design choices
- Commitment to continuous training and skills development
- Working within set guidelines and to a brief
- Organisation, planning and administration skills and experience including prioritisation of design jobs, maintaining a shared schedule of jobs, and working to deadlines
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year