Head of diversity
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 17 August, 10am
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 (pro rata)
Interviews: w/c 5 September 2022
If you're passionate about making the arts a more diverse and inclusive place, explore this upcoming Head of Diversity role.
The Arts Marketing Association (AMA) works with individuals and organisations in the arts, culture and heritage sector. We provide training, networking and support. This helps to build better relationships with audiences, build organisations that are better able to do that work, and build the skills in our sector. We champion marketing in its broadest sense.
We are a not-for-profit organisation. We have 3000 members across more than 600 organisations across the UK. We have members at all career levels, and organisations who join span a wide spectrum of arts and heritage types. This includes theatres, arts centres, music venues, orchestras, galleries, heritage sites, museums, libraries and more.
We are looking for a Head of Diversity to join our small, remote team. This is a new role that will lead our work in becoming a diverse and inclusive organisation. This is likely to include the development of our internal training and policies, looking at all areas of diversity including race, disability, gender and sexuality. The Head of Diversity will seek out partnerships to strengthen our work in this area, and as a member of the Senior Management Team they will contribute to the strategic development of the organisation.
- Over-see the development and implementation of our Race Equality Policy potentially working with an external consultant
- Work on the development and implementation of audits and policies looking at disability, gender and sexuality. This is likely to be working with experts in each of these areas
- Monitor and evaluate internal progress in race equality and other areas as policies are developed Internal and
- Manage our internal diversity and inclusion training programme for existing and new team members
- Review AMA training and resources and identify opportunities to improve and develop these. AMA Members
- Explore the need for specific affinity/networking groups for AMA members who have protected characteristics. Develop if needed
- To build partnerships with organisations focused on addressing the lack of diversity in the UK cultural sector, identifying what the AMA has to offer and how we can work together to realise our EDI goals
Senior Management Team
- Joining the AMA Senior Management Team contributing to decision-making across all areas of the organisation
- Reporting to the AMA Board when appropriate Other AMA duties
- To attend quarterly team planning days, and to support with hosting the annual conference and other events as required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous work in EDI as a freelancer, consultant or team member
- Building partnerships between organisations
- Contributing to the strategic development of an organisation
- Knowledge of one or more areas of EDI
- Business planning experience
- Ability to keep up to date with thinking developments in EDI work Personal attributes
- Commitment to EDI as an essential part of the AMA’s work
- Enjoys collaborative working across a team
- Ability to identify opportunities and see them through to completion
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates as well as candidates who identify as disabled – as these groups are currently under-represented within our team.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £41,000 to £50,000 per year